Page 1 of 1

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:47 pm
by Guest
Looking for a Christmas Chorus, C is for the Christchild.

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:47 am
by jocerut
I know that Carrol Robertson recorded this on his Christmas album.
Hope that helps a little.

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 am
by SingerForGod
Page printed from:
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs ... tmas.shtml


C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
(Jenny Lou Carson / Eddy Arnold)

Eddy Arnold - 1961
Jim Reeves - 1963
Also recorded by: Rosemary Clooney; Perry Como; Kitty Wells; Andy Williams; Ernest Tubb; Hank Snow.


When I was but a youngster, Christmas meant one thing,
That I'd be getting lots of toys that day.

I learned a whole lot diff'rent when Mother sat me down
And taught me to spell Christmas this way:

"C" is for the Christ Child born upon this day;
"H" for herald angels in the night.
"R" means our Redeemer;
"I" means Israel;
"S" is for the star that shone so bright.
"T" is for the tree wise men,
They who travelled far.
"M" is for the manger where He lay.
"A" is for all He stands for;
"S" means shepherds came,
And that's why there's a Christmas Day.

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:54 am
by SingerForGod
I found this while doing a Google search for the song ,CHRISTMAS, on a site a church in Littleton Colorado had their newsletter? posted. I really liked the wording and decided to post it. I have added the pastor's name at the bottom like it was on the site. Hope you enjoy this also.

"May the God of hope fill you with all the joy and peace in believing so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope" Romans 15:13

CHRISTMAS

C is for the Christ Child
a child of hope and light

H is for the Heavens that were
bright that holy night

R is for the Radiance
of the star that led the way

I is for the lowly Inn
where the Infant Jesus lay

S is for the Shepherds
who beheld the Christmas star

T is for the Tidings
the angels told afar

M is for the Magi
with their gifts of myrrh and gold

A is for the Angels
who were awesome to behold

S is for the Savior
who was born to save all men

And together this spells CHRISTMAS
which we celebrate again.

This season of joy and peace is God's gift to us in
Christ Jesus our Lord. May you be blessed with these gifts.

Rev Jeffrey L Kane

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:06 pm
by Guest
AWESOME!! Just what I was looking for - THANKS!! JMK

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:56 am
by Guest
If only I could find the sheet music for this song!

C is for the Christchild

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:51 pm
by Guest
the word in this song was give me idea for my sunday school chord for christmas eve program,