Hymn lyrics - freely, freely give

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:32 am

soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:32 pm

Love it

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

is this and Advent of Lent hymn in the catholic church?

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 am

Where can I get the sheet music for this?

Post by Guest » Sun May 26, 2013 5:21 pm

I have a handwritten lead sheet that I wrote out 20 years ago. I don't know where I got it - I may have transcribed it so I could teach to the group of singer I had at the time. It is the lyrics, melody and chords. If you would like a copy, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Sun May 26, 2013 5:27 pm

I should have looked in my old Methodist hymnal before I made the last post: it's #389.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:43 am

This song is featured in 'Come Together', A Musical Experience in Love, by Jimmy and Carol Owens. Lexicon Music, Inc. Distributed by Word, Inc. There is an LP of the same name, featuring Pat Boone, 1974. On the Light Label, LSX 7006. (A division of WORD (UK) Ltd., London.) Still available on Amazon. Lyrics & music book at Abe Books.

I had the priviledge of being part of `Come Together` in the 70s in the UK. Wonderful songs.

The follow-up album is called `If My People......`, again featuring Pat Boone and by Light Records. LS-5657 stereo.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 pm

I really love this hymn

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:26 pm

I first heard it being sung by the Super classically singing voices of Charles and Paula Slagle now in a teaching ministry- I first heard them in PTL Tammy and Jim Bakker in 1977 I believe here is the history of the song:
Author: Carol Owens
Owens, Carol Sue. (El Reno, Oklahoma, October 30, 1931-- ). Foursquare. Attended San Jose State College, San Jose, California; Cathedral School of the Bible, Oakland, Calif. With her husband James (Jimmy), she composed Christian musicals.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:55 pm

I used to sing this in the RLDS (Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints) church I went to as a kid. I don't know why but this song has stuck with me through the years.