Page 1 of 1
looking for lyrics to an old hymn....blessed Jesus hold my hand
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:46 am
by Guest
This is an old hymn. Does anyone have the lyrics?
looking for lyrics to an old hymn....blessed Jesus hold my hand
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:27 am
by SingerForGod
The music above and the transcription below are from The Best of Albert E. Brumley,(in print) Albert E. Brumley and Sons, 1966, but it can be found in many places, some of which are noted below.
Jesus, Hold My Hand
Albert E Brumley, original copyright in Gems of Gladness, Hartford Music Co. 1933,
also available in Favorite Radio Songs, Stamps Baxter, 1937,
Favorite Songs and Hymns, Stamps Baxter, 1939,
The Best of Albert E. Brumley,(in print) Albert E. Brumley and Sons, 1966,
and likely many more sources as well.
Verse 1
As I travel thru this pilgrim land
There is a Friend who walks with me,
Leads me safely thru the sinking sand,
It is the Christ of Calvary;
This would be my pray'r, dear Lord, each day
To help me do the best I can,
For I need Thy light to guide me day and night
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand.
Chorus
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand,
Yes, I need Thee ev'ry hour,
Thru this land, this pilgrim land
(Protect me) by Thy saving pow'r;
Hear my plea, my feeble plea,
Lord, dear Lord, look down on me,
When I kneel in prayer,
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand.
Verse 2
Let me travel in the light divine
That I may see the blessed way;
Keep me that I may be wholly Thine
And sing redemption's song some day;
I would be a soldier brave and true
And ever firmly take a stand,
As I onward go and daily meet the foe,
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand.
Chorus
Verse 3
When I wander thru the valley dim
Toward the setting of the sun,
Lead me safely to a land of rest
If I a crown of life have won;
I have put my faith in Thee, dear Lord,
That I may reach the golden strand,
There's no other friend on whom I can depend,
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand.
Chorus
looking for lyrics to an old hymn....blessed Jesus hold my hand
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:38 am
by SingerForGod
If you go this url you will find a copy of the music for this song. I tried to copy/paste to put on here for you, but couldn't. You probably can't either, but at least you could see how the song goes if you don't already. I have the song in an old hymn book and knew how it went. Hope this helps you. God Bless.
Almost forgot the most important part.
http://goodoldsongs.tripod.com/goodoldsongs/id12.html
looking for lyrics to an old hymn....blessed Jesus hold my hand
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:32 pm
by Guest
I can't thank you enough! I really love this song. Thanks again
looking for lyrics to an old hymn....blessed Jesus hold my hand
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:47 am
by Guest
TNX 2 GOD. IAM DELIGHTED EVERY TIME AM MEDITATING THIS SONG. BY MAINA E.
looking for lyrics to an old hymn....blessed Jesus hold my hand
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm
by Guest
Love this song N it's my favorite.