Page 1 of 1

ive been waiting lord to go

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:26 pm
by Guest
Need the lyrics to this old song

Many years ive traveled on this weary road
then there are a few more lines and it says
ain't gonna travel no more
then a couple of more lines
my steps are getting slow
Ive been waiting lord to go

Ive been waiting, waiting on that shore
long ive traveled, aint gonna travel no more
and i dont know the rest!

ive been waiting lord to go

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:04 pm
by Guest
"I've Been A Waitin"

1st Verse
Many years I've traveled on this weary road
Watched the fleeting changes, tried to share some load;
Now my work is finished, steps are mighty slow,
I've been a waitin' Lord to go.

Chorus
I've been a waitin', waitin' on this shore,
Long I've traveled, ain't a gonna travel no more;
Shades of evening fallin', steps are gettin' slow,
I've been a waitin' Lord to go.

2nd verse
Feel a little weary, sight a getting dim,
But I have my Savior, I can trust in Him;
Many friends are yonder, by the river's flow,
I've been a waitin' Lord to go.

Chorus

3rd Verse
Come a little closer snow-white angel band,
While I cross the river to that better land;
Open wide the portals, play a little slow,
I've been a waitin' Lord to go.

Chorus

ive been waiting lord to go

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:21 pm
by Guest
thank you !

ive been waiting lord to go

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:57 pm
by Guest
Sang that song yesterday for the first night of revival. Gah that was a great service, cant wait for tonight and the rest of the week!!

ive been waiting lord to go

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 am
by Guest
Thank you for posting this! This song came to my mind, and I no longer have any old hymnals around from frequently moving & other trials of life. These old hymns I pay they are never lost to the world. Keep them going! Linda Redmond, Asheville, NC, age 51

ive been waiting lord to go

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm
by Guest
This song was a regular in church when I was a little fellow. I memorized it, from repetition, before I learned to read. I love the old songs. Their message keep me going!