Name of song and more verses - Follow Me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:01 am

I could only find the chorus, but hope this is it:

The blood prevails, the blood of the risen lamb
Power to save
just like in olden days the blood prevails
no matter what others say
Thank God the blood prevails

Hope this helps!

God bless,
Steve
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:05 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for visiting the site. If you'd like to post a new request for lyrics, please click the link below that says "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests".

On the next page, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "Post a New Topic". Be sure to enter a descriptive title!

Hymn Lyrics Search Requests.

Thanks, and God bless!
Steve

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:11 pm

Thank you for the lyrics to FOLLOW ME. The song is such a beautiful song. I plan to sing it for church some day soon and couldn't find he lyrics, although I know the song on the piano and have had it "stuck" in my head ever since I heard it who knows when and where! It's one of those songs that stays with people forever once they've heard it several times. Karla
bj_cronk

Post by bj_cronk » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:14 am

Steve,
Thanks for listing the lyrics of "Follow Me". We used to sing it at camp when I was many years younger. The lyrics are beautiful.

God Bless you for doing this!
bjcronk

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:19 pm

The last two lines of "Follow Me" don't make sense...they should be in Jesus' voice, but they aren't...the point of martyrdom isn't the glory of the person, but the glory of God. Can you help me on this? I was searching the lyrics for a curriculum I'm editing--I appreciate this resource and your help!
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Guest,

Actually, I think if you look at the lines closely, you'll see it's appropriate:

But if by death to living they can Thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to Thee.

I think the important thing is to look at the word "Thy".

The person speaking starts out the hymn by complaining that being a Christian is burdensome, thankless, and that he had to give up so much to become one. The Lord's reply to him is to remind him that whatever he thinks he's suffering, it's literally nothing in comparison to what He suffered. And that whatever the temporary suffering we're going through, that He is with us every step of the way and there is a bright morning ahead to look forward to.

So the last stanza is a realization of how self-centered and selfish he's been. He says that even if he should die on a foreign land for the Lord, it still would not pay back what He has given up for us. He realizes that God is just, and does not ask anything of us more than what He equips us to do.

So at the end, he realizes that if people can see God's glory through his life, then whatever he has to suffer is worth it.

Even 60 years after the hymn was written, it's a good reminder for those of us who complain and may be tempted to ask "what's in it for me" as opposed to "what's in it for Him".

I hope this makes sense. God bless!
Steve

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:10 am

Hi Steve,

I just visited the site this morn. hunting for the words FOLLOW ME.....and found them on this site.

the song is awesome since I am a missionary.........

have a great day.......

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:44 am

I have been searching for a LONG time for these lyrics. The only part I could remember is the "cup of water I place within your hand." What powerful lyrics. Thanks for the site.
BassSinger64

Post by BassSinger64 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 am

Here's another verse to the song: "IF WE NEVER MEET AGAIN" by Albert Brumley
(1935)

3. Oh they say we shall meet by the river
Where no storm clouds ever darken the sky
And they say we'll be happy in Heaven
In the wonderful sweet by and by.
Daphne

Post by Daphne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:00 pm