Name of song and more verses - Follow Me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:13 pm

I have the music to Follow Me (I traveled down a lonely road...) in an old hymn book called "New Songs of Inspiration No. 7" copyright 1967 Benson Publishing Co. We used this book in my home church from the time it was published till...today! The racks are full of them. Since it is cropyrighted, I don't think I could make copies and distribute (but I don't know if copyrights expire after a certain number of years?), but the pub company might have some old ones? or maybe you could find an old copy on ebay or such.
Blessings,
Kim

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:56 pm

I just want to say "Thank you". The words "If just a cup of water I place within your hand, Then just a cup of water is all that I demand", came to my mind this morning and I could not remember the rest of the song. So thanks again. It just reminds me God does not ask more of us than we can give and He even supplies for the need.
Mary

Post by Guest » Fri May 07, 2010 5:13 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the lyrics of the song" Follow Me" by Ira F. Stamphill

God Bless!!!

Josephine

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Thank you, Steve. I just came to this site. What a great ministry, to help us in our search for words that lift our hearts and our eyes to our Lord. Thanks, again.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:34 pm

I have excitedly found "Follow Me" on your site. Wow!!! Excited indeed. This song my Mom always sing to me as a child - she would literally preach the words to me while singing - very expressive and she sang with inspiration and anointing. The words are just great and ready for sharing. I would also love to get the words of this song of which I remember only parts of it -
I believe this part is the chorus - "O Glory to God my heart is aflame, I'm happy exultant and free, For Jesus has saved me........Unspeakably precious to me." God bless your archive.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:19 am

Thank you so much for your kindness in sharing the lyrics to me.

Romy

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Here are the words to the original request for "Leave your fishing nets drying o the shore: (a Jewish melody with words by Wm. Jabusch as found in CBW II)
Leave your fishing nets drying on the shore, leave your wooden boats.
For the Lord is calling you to follow Him, fishers now of men. 2X

REF: Lord I'll go with you, walking by your side, learning eagerly.
Only let me hear you say those words again, " Come and follow me"

See those fields there full of waving grain, white for harvest toil.
Would the Master use you as his labourer, working in His field? 2X

Would you follow Him? Sell all that you have: give it to the poor:
He who follows Christ receives a hundredfold, and eternal life. 2X

Feed my lambs and sheep, for them give your life, lead them to the fold:
Seek the sheep who wander through the desert land, shepherd of the flock 2X

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Steve,
Thanks so much for your info. I knew about 90% of the words, but, the 10% of the words I did not know was destroying the message of the 90% and...........driving me crazy. So, I thank you so much for the added words to make this beautiful song a complete ministry song.
The words mean so much to me today. My sister, brother and I sang it (trio) when we were young at many events . This song has such a powerful and gentle message and...........it is beautiful.
Thanks so much.
Dianne

Post by Guest » Mon May 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I've been thinking of a song that I sang as a youth in church. It goes Someday I'll know why my heart was so heavy, Someday I'll know why ??????.Someday I'll know when I cross Jordan's River....... Would love to know the rest of the words to that beautiful song. It may be an Ira Stanphill song...not absolutely sure about that. Can anyone help me out?

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 am

I am looking for the lyrics to "Jesus Blood ha di remedy.

Thanks