part the waters

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

part the waters

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Ken and Charlie were (and are) great friends, but it was Charlie (Charles F. Brown) who wrote the words and lyrics. He's a great musician, but what I've always appreciated about him is that he is also a true poet and a theologian as well (though he'll deny that). His father, Benton Brown (another truly great man of God), was a Baptist pastor for many decades and I guess it just rubbed off on Charlie. He's written and arranged many pieces over the years, but this remains one of my favorites.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll add a few details to those already listed... The song, titled Part the Waters was done by Evie (Evie Tournquist) on her Gentle Moments album of 1976.
If you go to youtube, you'll find that someone named " hermeyjdi " was kind enough to post it, as it was his or her favorite Evie song.
A newer version is out by singer Selah and is also on youtube.
Lyrics are pretty easy to find on the internet: google When I think I'm going under, part the waters,Lord and you'll find them.
I won't post them for fear of violating copyright laws.
Like many others, the song truly helped me during my turbulent teen years.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:50 pm

I have performed the Charles F. Brown version with choirs for many years with the same affect....people relate and praise God for His provision.

To Charlie Brown: I was at Hillcrest Baptist Church, Dallas, TX in 1984, maybe 1985 when you got married and asked Ken Medema to stand in for you leading worship while you left on your honeymoon. That afternoon he held a mini-concert at the church for the membership...what a glorious time that was. Thank you.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:59 pm

I, too, am looking for the guitar chords for the Charles F. Brown version of Part the Waters, Lord. Please forward to [email][email protected].[/email] Thank you.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Does anyone know how to reach Charles Brown?

part the waters

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Send info on Charlie Brown to [email][email protected].[/email] Thanks!
Brother Jonathan

part the waters

Post by Brother Jonathan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:09 pm

You're right, this is beautiful and the song, even after all these years, still gives peace to my soul. I remember Patty Rizzo singing it when I (briefly) attended Liberty University in the mid-70's.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:26 am

heritage singers sung this song the best...

part the waters

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:32 am

https://youtu.be/c6rTfZIsGCc The song can be found on this youtube link.

part the waters

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:36 am

http://www.yourchords.com/399604/Christ ... rd-Chords/

The guitar chords and lyrics can be found on this link.

I hope both links shared can help many of you eventhough my response is years late from initial question.