lyrics for song "Heaven"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
[email protected]

Re: lyrics for song "Heaven"

Post by [email protected] » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:54 pm

Guest wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:56 am My 2 sisters & I sand this song in church many times. We started singing about 60 years ago & heard this song at a revival at the pentecostal church in El Reno, OK. The church was on Rogers Street. We attended Trinity Baptist a few blocks away, also on Rogers Street. We didn't have the music, just the words written down by one of the performers. We sang it so often, because people would request it. I remember the lyrics to be a little different starting with:..and I caught a vision of glory, my soul with all heaven did blend. Chorus: And now its heaven happy home above...Heaven land of peace and love...Oh it makes me feel like traveling on...Heaven eternal...Heaven supernal....Oh, I'm so glad that its real.
I know that church in El Reno, and wondering if it was my grandparents who you heard sing it. Or, it could have been the Richey's.