Right on Time by the Mckameys

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:09 pm

The chorus: Just hold on my child,because he's not too far away,and knows your need before you pray.........
DownToTheAltar

Post by DownToTheAltar » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:32 am

Here is what I am remembering.

They sent for Jesus, your friend's about to die
But tarried He on yet behind
So they laid Lazarus in the tomb
And they said their last good-byes
Then coming down the road was Jesus
Right on time.

(Chorus)
Just hold on my child
Because He's not too far away
And He knows your needs before you pray
So when your feet are weary
From those mountains you have climbed
Look ahead, here comes Jesus
Right on time

I've struggled through life's deserts
They were so hot and dry
Till it seemed all hope was gone
And I would die
And I wondered where was He
Is He still a friend of mine
Then coming down the road was Jesus
Right on time

Chorus

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 pm

this has been a song that i have always loved. i thanks god for making it.. love yall

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:27 pm

beautiful song with a lot of meaning!

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Umm, Excuse me. I believe the correct lyrics are these:

1) They sent for Jesus. "Your friend's about to die." Yet tarried He still far behind. They laid him in a tomb, as they said their last Good-byes, then coming down the road was Jesus, right on time.

Just hold on, my child, because He's not too far away, and He knows your needs before you pray, so when your feet are weary from the mountains you have climbed, look ahead! Here comes Jesus, right on time!

I've suffered through life's deserts. They were so hot and dry, 'til it seems all hope was gone, and I would die, so I wondered "Where is He? Is He still a Friend of mine?", then coming down the road was Jesus, right on time!

I hope someone receives some benefit from this post.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:09 am

Thank You Lord Jesus. For you are a present friend, right on time.
Kathy

Re: Right on Time by the Mckameys

Post by Kathy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:26 pm

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 pm Umm, Excuse me. I believe the correct lyrics are these:

1) They sent for Jesus. "Your friend's about to die." Yet tarried He still far behind. They laid him in a tomb, as they said their last Good-byes, then coming down the road was Jesus, right on time.

Just hold on, my child, because He's not too far away, and He knows your needs before you pray, so when your feet are weary from the mountains you have climbed, look ahead! Here comes Jesus, right on time!

I've suffered through life's deserts. They were so hot and dry, 'til it seems all hope was gone, and I would die, so I wondered "Where is He? Is He still a Friend of mine?", then coming down the road was Jesus, right on time!

I hope someone receives some benefit from this post.
Who was the author of this song?