Lord Make Me An Instrument Of Your Peace

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 pm

The first appearance of the Peace Prayer occurred in France in 1912 in a small spiritual magazine called La Clochette (The Little Bell). It was published in Paris by a Catholic association known as La Ligue de la Sainte-Messe (The Holy Mass League), founded in 1901 by a French priest, Father Esther Bouquerel (1855-1923). The prayer bore the title of 'Belle prière à faire pendant la messe' (A Beautiful Prayer to Say During the Mass), and was published anonymously. The author could possibly have been Father Bouquerel himself, but the identity of the author remains a mystery.

http://www.franciscan-archive.org/franc ... peace.html

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:43 am

Actually I recently read that an Irish Poet/writer wrote the words. As we are speaking I am trying to find the article where they had mentioned the authors name. There is also a newer, very beautiful and spiritual recording by an Sikh artist by the name of Snatam Kaur. Talking about being in touch with God. All her recordings are heavenly and I love them.

Take a listen, it starts out with "foreign" sounding words, but keep listening.

http://www.spiritvoyage.com/yoga/Libera ... 02000.aspx

God Bless

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:42 am

I love d lyrics.thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 pm

You can find this song along with other really great songs on this CD.
http://www.mormontabernaclechoir.org/pr ... duct_id=37

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 am

I thought this was going to be the song I learned in church as a child... "It is in giving that we receive. It is in pardoning that we are pardoned. It is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Make me an instrument of your peace. I want to know what it's like to follow you. When men look at me, I want them to see the light of the world inside."

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks a lot for this song, cause I have such for this song and finally I have found it.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:03 pm

i have been looking for this song(instruments of peace)for months and in 1week i got it and its lyrics... God bless you

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 am

Tx, i wanted the second version "make me a channel of your peace"

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:23 am

This one song i love so much, it has a special way of touching me whenever I listen to it. I love you all. Please how can I get the piano chords for this song?

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm

This has been really helpful. God bless you all!!