When Ol Gabriel sounds his trumpet I will be a millionaire

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
singinglacylou

Post by singinglacylou » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 pm

I heard this song years ago and I don't know who sang it. Please help. Thanks. This is all I can remember:

I will be a millionaire, living on Glory Square,
My leaving may be near, I'm only on a visit here,
Soon from earth I'll disappear, leaving friends I've loved so dear,
When Ol Gabriel sounds his trumpet, I will be a millionaire.
sthrnldy1969

Post by sthrnldy1969 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:59 am

Hi! this is the words we have for it at our little country church(handwritten off over many years) A few of the words may vary some, but i'm sure this is the same song. Its titled "i will be a millionaire" or ' when ole gabriel sounds his trumpet" depending on who u ask..lol. the chorus u have is the same as ours except we have ' over on Glory's Way, which of course doesnt rhyme as well as Glory Square. hope this helps. I left off the chorus since you already have that. we only have it as having the two verses.
v1

When ole Gabriel sounds his trumpet
i will be a millionaire
down here i have no riches that compares to those up there
God has built me a mansion over on glories way
when ole gabriel sounds his trumpet
i will be a millionaire

v2
In the book of Revelations
John describes that city there
God rolled back the seats of Heaven
Showed His servants His glory there
Soon i'll trade my rags for riches
put on a robe and crown up there
when ole gabriel sounds his trumpet
i will be(or we shall all be) a millionaire(s)

Post by Guest » Wed May 11, 2011 2:44 am

Can any one help me find or know where I can find this song. When Old Gabriel sounds his trumpet I will be a millionaire. David at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu May 12, 2011 1:07 pm

I need the music to it
singinglacylou

Post by singinglacylou » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 am

Thank you for your help. I wish I could remember the tune to the verses. I would love to hear your church sing this song. I belong to a little country church too. God bless you and thanks again!
nablanke

Post by nablanke » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:11 pm

I was surfing the internet and found that you needed the lyrics to this song
"I Will Be A Millionaire" in 2009. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law wrote that song. Her name was Letha Blankenship and son Raymond. She had worked with Rex Nelon's group with that song and a couple others that they recorded. The Nelons recorded "Joybells" and it was later also recorded by the Taylors. The Perry Sisters of Kenova, WV recorded a number of her songs
"Widely The Winds May Blow" and "The Poorest Can Own A Bright Mansion". She was a really special woman and hard working servant of God. The words someone had typed for you has a number or errors in wording. Letha's son Raymond, and two granddaughters Angela(lead singer) and Raymond's daughter Heather recently recorded their first Cd and that was one of their songs on the Cd. I am sending you the youtube link if you would like to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XVhlZ ... e=youtu.be.

My wonderful mother-in-law wanted her music to be a witness and hoped all enjoyed her music.
In The Lord
Naomi B.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:33 am

Thank you so much for sharing the background behind this wonderful hymn, Naomi. May the Lord remember your mother-in-law and brother-in-law's amazing work!

God bless,
Steve
Shelia Bourgeois

Re: When Ol Gabriel sounds his trumpet I will be a millionaire

Post by Shelia Bourgeois » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:51 pm

:evil:
singinglacylou wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 pm I heard this song years ago and I don't know who sang it. Please help. Thanks. This is all I can remember:

I will be a millionaire, living on Glory Square,
My leaving may be near, I'm only on a visit here,
Soon from earth I'll disappear, leaving friends I've loved so dear,
When Ol Gabriel sounds his trumpet, I will be a millionaire.
Can anyone please tell me where I can get a copy of this music so our trio can sing it in church? This song is such a blessing to me, and I want to share it with others. We don't sing professionally, just in church. I would greatly appreciate any help! God bless you all.
JoAn E. Hays

Re: When Ol Gabriel sounds his trumpet I will be a millionaire

Post by JoAn E. Hays » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:02 pm

nablanke wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:11 pm I was surfing the internet and found that you needed the lyrics to this song
"I Will Be A Millionaire" in 2009. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law wrote that song. Her name was Letha Blankenship and son Raymond. She had worked with Rex Nelon's group with that song and a couple others that they recorded. The Nelons recorded "Joybells" and it was later also recorded by the Taylors. The Perry Sisters of Kenova, WV recorded a number of her songs
"Widely The Winds May Blow" and "The Poorest Can Own A Bright Mansion". She was a really special woman and hard working servant of God. The words someone had typed for you has a number or errors in wording. Letha's son Raymond, and two granddaughters Angela(lead singer) and Raymond's daughter Heather recently recorded their first Cd and that was one of their songs on the Cd. I am sending you the youtube link if you would like to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XVhlZ ... e=youtu.be.

My wonderful mother-in-law wanted her music to be a witness and hoped all enjoyed her music.
In The Lord
Naomi B.
How do I get the words and music to this song. have enjoyed the You tube!!??