Jesus, Jesus come to me, all my longing is for Thee, Of all friends thou art the best

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Jesus, Jesus come to me, all my longing is for Thee, Of all friends thou art the best

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:37 am

This was my First Communion song back in 1950. Anyone have the rest of the lyrics?
Thanks,
Marcia

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 pm

This was my COmmunion song too;

Here are the two verses:
Jesus, Jesus, come to me,
All my longing is for Thee,
Of all friends the best Thou art,
Make of me Thy counterpart.

Jesus, I live for Thee,
Jesus, I die for Thee,
I belong to Thee,
For-e're in life and death.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:54 pm

We had a Children's Mass at 9:00 on Sunday. The sisters took an informal roll. I don't think anyone ever missed. One of the recessional songs we sang was:

O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine,
all praise and all thanksgiving be every moment thine.

Patti
Ridgview

Re: Jesus, Jesus come to me, ‘tis my first Communion day, Jesus, Jesus, come to me; oh come to me.

Post by Ridgview » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:19 am

The first Communion song I sang as a boy. I don’t have all the words, yet I do remember it as: “Jesus, Jesus, come to me. ‘Tis my first Communion day...Jesus, Jesus, come to me, oh, come to me.

Then the only other words I remember is: “Let the little ones come to me.”

Anyone know the rest of this song?
Altamisal

Re: Jesus, Jesus come to me, all my longing is for Thee, Of all friends thou art the best

Post by Altamisal » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:13 am

Jesus, Jesus, come to me,
All my longing is for thee,
Of all friends the best thou art,
make of me thy counterpart.

Comfort my poor soul distressed,
come and dwell within my breast,
Oh how much I long for thee,
Jesus, Jesus, come to me.

Jesus, I live for thee,
Jesus, I die for thee,
I belong to thee