I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:38 pm

I would like to share emails with the one who said this inspired her "30 years ago":[email protected]
gospelsinger97

Post by gospelsinger97 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:26 am

FOLLOW ME Key: C 4/4 CCLI Number: 56747
W & M by Ira Stanphill (1953)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:48 am

This song would surely be a great song to sing today for we have so many who are wandering through life without knowing their purpose and feeling the weight of the world on their shoulders. Jesus said, "Follow me!" and that is what we should all be doing.
Rev. Cecil Pickler, Greensboro, NC

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 am

A YFC Bible club leader sang this song to me in school when I was really tired and depressed. The year was 1965 or 1966. Until today, I can hear his voice in my memory. I have never heard anyone else sung this song ever. Where can I find an audio recording? Definitely not on Youtube, I think.

Francis Chin ([email protected])
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Francis,

Good news. I found some recordings
This a professional recording by Kelly Willard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdesAwnlqWw
This is just the music with the lyrics superimposed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9O7KMZWzOQ

Thank you for sharing your testimony
Nancy

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:31 pm

My dad used to sing this song in church back in the 1960's. He has since passed on, but this morning I distinctly heard his gentle voice singing this and since I have multiple myeloma, it really spoke volumes to me. Thank you, Jesus, for an uplifting Word when I need it.
Brother Jonathan

Post by Brother Jonathan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:16 am

The song used to be in a number of hymnals from the late 60's/early 70's, IIRC. Oddly enough, one place I've found a number of vintage hymnals is antique stores!

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:13 pm

What a lovely piece! We used to sing it in our church youth choir some 25 years ago and then the tune disappeared. While listening to some Brazilian music, I recognized the tune and started searching for the song again. Now I understand the words in the song and and indeed it is a powerful song. I plan to sing it with my kids at church one of these days!
Steve Lansing

Re: I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care

Post by Steve Lansing » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:07 am

Guest wrote: Sun May 10, 2015 4:22 pm I thank the one who wrote this song. It is because of this song that my life was radically changed for the better. There was a time back in 1986 when I was stressed and almost to the point of depression, I was about to give up. Then one night I attended a crusade where a gentle man sang this song. I don't remember what the preacher preached that night, but this is 30 years, yes, 30 years later, and this song from hearing it at that time is still an inspiration to me.
Thank you for your testimony! And you mentioned 30 years...you and I have all of eternity to praise the Lord Jesus Christ and do it in a place so much better than this one!
bpickens

Re: I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care

Post by bpickens » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:06 pm

Wonderful writers composed and set to music wonderful words of life. I'm glad God spoke to you in this song by that man many years ago.
For some reason, it just popped in my head.