my cups full

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

my cups full

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:08 am

please help i have been searching the web for weeks trying to find a hymn. The only part i know is since the lord saved me i'm as happy as can be my cups full and running over.Can anyone tell me what the name of this song is and where i might find it?

my cups full

Post by Guest » Fri May 29, 2009 4:32 am

I'm almost 73 years of age.
As a boy I took some piano lessons in the home of a Scottish church minister called Rev, William Gardner Hunter who lived in the manse at 17 Traquaire Drive, Glasgow.
One day he told me an amazing story about how he composed the chorus you refer to.
It is such a simple little chorus which became well known throughout the world called: " My cups full and running over" or simply, "Running Over"
The words ofcourse are taken from the Bible to express a persons joy.
The little story about "Running Over" remaned with me and in my late thirties I to became a Christian.
I have a web site if you care to visit it.
www.going4broke.org
Hope this is helpful.
Bob Park.
isingforhim

my cups full

Post by isingforhim » Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 am

All I know is the chorus,I have never heard any verses to this. Here are the words to the chorus

Running over,running over
My cup is full and running over
Since the Lord saved me
I'm as happpy as can be
My cup is full and running over

my cups full

Post by Guest » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm

As you a referring to my Grandfather William Gardner Hunter, I can now put your minds at rest. I have in front of me Cross and Crown Melodies compiled by W. Gardner Hunter Preacher Pianist.

Running Over

Verse 1

Since the Saviour came to this heart of mine
My cups filled and running over
Filling my poor soul with his joy divine
My cup's filled and running over.

Chorus

Running over, running over,
My cups filled and running over
Since the lord saved me
I'm as happy as can be
My cup's filled and running over

Verse 2

With my Lord so Dear
I have naught to fear
Though my way be drear
He is ever near

Chorus

Verse 3

Even though I walk
Through the death's darksome vale
Christ my lord shall be
My comfort still

Chorus

Verse 4

Sinner seek the Lord
Trust his precious word
While the Angels round you hover
Heaven's Bells will ring
And you then will sing
My Cup's filled and running over

Chorus

my cups full

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:45 am

Can you tell me - are the words and chorus to the same tune?

my cups full

Post by Guest » Thu May 09, 2013 11:23 am

I am also the grandchild of the Reverend William Gardner Hunter. My mother is his daughter I have not met my mother she had me adopted as a baby and sadly I never met my grandfather but I would love to meet my family one day as I found out I have sisters and a brother I have never met maybe one day we will

my cups full

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:30 pm

I met an old age pensioner lady today on the Sound of Kintyre bus and she said her father was a minister and that he wrote the chorus of 'Running Over'. Been singing it to myself all day since. Sweet memories of childhood singing it in Sunday School!

my cups full

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:18 pm

I am looking for information about any relatives of the Reverend William Gardner-Hunter i am trying to get in touch with his daughter Elizabeth any help would be great thanks.

my cups full

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 pm

I know Elisabeth, obviously I won't pass her details on however can pass a message on if that helps.

my cups full

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:03 pm

can you pleae tell Elisabeth that i am sorry i did not keep in touch but i found out a lot of stuff that i did not understand and found too upsetting to deal with and if Elisabeth is able to tell me who my biological father is then i would be grateful as she is the only one who can tell me the truth and then maybe i will be able to find peace my email address is [email protected] and please let Elisabeth know i forgive her for giving me away as a baby and that even though i have not met Elisabeth there is not a day goes by that i do not think of her please tell Elisabeth i never got in touch with her too cause her upset i got in touch with her as she is the only one who can answer my questions so i am sorry if i caused Elisabeth any pain