I'm Overshadowed By His Love Divine

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:40 pm

This is for Andrea Creath -- I'm just now finding this blog. If you could eMail me your low version of "Overshadowed" I would be forever grateful!

Thank you! Karen [email protected]

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:44 am

I would too truly appreciate this! I sing solos accompanied by our church organist once a month and this one I'm dying to do. I love to sing it in the tenor range. If the instrumental sheet music is for piano, I'm sure he can adapt it. :)

If you would be so kind, my email is [email protected]

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Could you please email me a copy of your low version of "Overshadowed"? I have a request to sing it at church.
Many thanks, [email protected]

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:47 pm

This is for Andrea Creath. Can you still e-mail me your low version of "Overshadowed"?

Would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Adel

[email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 pm

"Overshadowed" sung as a special music solo last night (Sept. 18, 2016). Have not heard it in, what?, 40 years I think. a Christian radio station in Boca Raton used to play an organ version as "bumper music" in the 1968-72 time period. My mother could identify the song. Back then there were only 2 Christian radio stations in the county and things have changed since then. I may have heard it sung since then, as a solo but not as congregational or choir singing. It's another great Christian song popular back then that's fallen out of use, like "God is Love." only version that i can find on You-tube is sung in Chinese by a Taiwanese church in California

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Should have dug further. it comes from Harry A. Ironside, who went home in 1951, and the Moody Memorial Church of Chicago. Ironside wrote the words, a church organist provided the tune inspired by a speaker who cried out "Lord, overshadow us!".
http://www.wholesomewords.org/poetry/ironside.html tells the Ironside portion
there's another web site, Tan ministries or something like that, the provides the organist story

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Does anyone have Overshadowed written for trumpet? Thank you for your posts

jw6218

Post by jw6218 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Could you please email me a copy of your low version of "Overshadowed"? I have a request to sing it at church.
Many thanks, [email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:37 am

I sang this hymn as a solo in our English speaking church in Shanghai China in the early 1950's. The music and lyrics have stuck in my mind ever since and have been searching for a copy of it for many years. Can you email me a copy of the sheet music for piano accompaniment? My email is [email][email protected].[/email]
thank you and God bless.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm

This request is for Andrea Creath. My dad's memorial service is Saturday, Nov 25, and I would love to have "Overshadowed" played, but I cannot find sheet music for it. May I use your version of it? Thank you so much. [email protected]