the mighty thunder crashed, the lightning flashed, the veil was rent in twain

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:25 pm

My Mother has been looking for lyrics to a song she sung in church when she was a little girl (maybe around 1950-52?, but may be older song than that). She remembers some of a verse: "There is a thought that's ever ringing in my mind, about the love of God and of His grace divine, for He was crucified, He died my sins to hide, and with His blood applied, from sin I'm free. The mighty thunder crashed, the lightning flashed, the veil was rent in twain, when the precious Lamb of God was slain, and then He rose again, to prove redemption's plan. Oh, I'm so glad He made a way for me." She may have some of the wording wrong, it's been so long since she's heard the song, but she would really appreciate knowing the title and songwriter and especially the complete lyrics to this song if anyone knows them. You can reply at [email protected] with any leads. Thank you in advance.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Hello, my name is Sharon. I just saw your post. I was looking for this song myself. My momma sang this song to me when I was a child. I do remember the melody, and I could sing it for you! :)

The word's you posted are correct for the first verse. Those are the only lyrics I can remember.
Sorry, I don't know the songwrighter's name. But I remember that this song was once printed in the 'Pentecostal Church Of God" Hymnal.
Hope this helps!
If you are able to procure any further information regarding this old hymn, I would love to know!
You can email me at [email protected]

Blessing's to you and your mother.
Sunnie1947

Re: the mighty thunder crashed, the lightning flashed, the veil was rent in twain

Post by Sunnie1947 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:02 am

When the precious Lamb of Godbwas slain. And then he rose again to prove redemption’s plan.. oh I’ m so glad he made a easy for me!
;)