A very hard to find song for me - The Prodigal Son

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Jesus_Keeps_Me

Post by Jesus_Keeps_Me » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:37 pm

I am looking for a song call the Prodical Son. Some of the the words go like this"The prodical son, is back home again, for he has grown tired of living in sin." Another one I was looking for is "Someday I will stand the top of Mount Zion" I think that is the name of it anyway. I put songs on my frigerator and people stop of read them and I am hoping it will get them to thinking and get them to church. Thank with love and God Bless.
Jeannette

Post by Jeannette » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:55 pm

I found "The Prodigal Son" on the website below. Hope it's the one you are looking for. Jeannette

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/p/r/o/prodison.htm

Out in the wilderness wild and drear,
Sadly I've wandered for many a year,
Driven by hunger and filled with fear,
I will arise and go;
Backward with sorrow my steps to trace,
Seeking my heavenly Father's face,
Willing to take but a servant's place,
I will arise and go.

Refrain

Back to my Father and home,
Back to my Father and home,
I will arise and go
Back to my Father and home.

Why should I perish in dark despair,
Here where there's no one to help or care,
When there is shelter and food to spare?
I will arise and go;
Deeply repenting the wrong I've done,
Worthy no more to be called a son,
Hoping my Father His child may own,
I will arise and go.

Refrain

Sweet are the memories that come to me,
Faces of loved ones again I see,
Visions of home where I used to be,
I will arise and go;
Others have gone who had wandered, too,
They were forgiven, were clothed anew,
Why should I linger with home in view?
I will arise and go.

Refrain

O that I never had gone astray!
Life was all radiant with hope one day,
Now all its treasures I've thrown away,
Yet I'll arise and go;
Something is saying, "God loves you still,
Tho' you have treated His love so ill,"
I must not wait, for the night grows chill,
I will arise and go.

Refrain
Jesus_Keeps_Me

Post by Jesus_Keeps_Me » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:17 pm

Thanks but that's not the one. The one I am looking for has a chorus that starts out saying "Go kill the calf...and ends with The prodical son, is back home again for he has grown tired of living in sin." God bless and thanks for trying Jeannette.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:30 pm

never walk thru the valley again

1 sometimes here in life we walk thru daek vallies and we question oh lord when we dont understand then i hear jesus say my child just keep looking oer the next hill there a beautiful land

ch someday i shall stand on the top of mt zion and ill get to look into canaans fair land ill sing and ill shout when i reach that city no ill never walk thru that valley again

2 someday i shall walk thru deaths lonely but jesus my lord he will hold to my hand and thanks be to god it will be just a shadow when on top of mt zion i stand

its by the Primitive quartet

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:07 pm

Like a prodical son, I wondered in darkness, but the shephard sought me thru the heat and the cold. The ninety and nine, he left in the fold. To find this lost sheep that was hungry and cold.

chorus

I believe I'll go home, and eat with the father, the table is spread their waiting for me. I see the Father coming down to great me. I'm willing to be, just a servant for thee.

Like a prodical son, I wondered from Jesus, I traded my lord for a worldly good time. No peace my heart, I ever could find. I got so tired eating after the swine.
Jesus_Keeps_Me

Post by Jesus_Keeps_Me » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:34 am

Thanks guest, that is the one I was looking for, the one called, I'll never walk through the valley again but the one called Prodical Son still isn't the one I am looking for. Thanks and God Bless you and I hope that I can find some songs that you others are looking for too because I don't want to help others too. Love and God Bless again bye.
Jesus_Keeps_Me

Post by Jesus_Keeps_Me » Tue May 15, 2007 12:11 am

Wups I mean I do want to help other too.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:28 pm

There is a song called "Rejoice, Rejoice My Son Is Coming Home!" Is that the one you are looking for?
missionsforhim19

Post by missionsforhim19 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:42 pm

there is one that goes:

the Prodical had gathered everything he owned, and he set his sail to the open sea, his destination unknown. With no real direction no special place in mind, he set out to explore the world not knowing what he'd find.
2. then he arose that morning shaken by his fears, he didn't know how last night had been it seem to last for year, then he arose an traced the steps that he had made alone, seeking forgivness from the father and his own.

ch. and there was(is) mercy for the son(one) who had gone astray and there was(is) hope at the end of the road for the one who had lost their way. there was(is) forgivness, for the soul inslaved by sin. and the family celebrates when this wayward son(child) comes home again.

3. not much has changed since this day, just the passing of time, and many still leave loving homes and try to make a climb, so when you get tired of running don't forget homes open door there is a feast for forgivness and you can be restored.

... I hope thats it.....

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:58 am

I am looking for the lyrics also. I recall it being sung by Roger Wiles in the 70's. Some of the words are "Rejoice, rejoice, my son is coming home again, Rejoice, rejoice, go kill the fatted calf, Rejoice, rejoice my son is coming home again, Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice on his behalf." I would love to find the lyrics to this song.