Bellahouston 1982 Papal Mass Music Request!!!

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
lleesmusic

Post by lleesmusic » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi there. I am in desperate need for a copy of the Mass Settings for the Bellahouston Papal Mass 1982. (Gloria, Sanctus, Memorial Acclamation, Great Amen, Lamb of God). Also, a copy of the Marco Frisina Mass (don't know what it is titled but it is in E-flat Major.

Many thanks to any one able to help me.
Andy M

Post by Andy M » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm

I have copies of the Bellahouston 1982 Gloira, Sanctus, Memorial Acclamation in SATB. The music for the Gloria is in the Celebration Hymnal. My e-mail address is [email protected]
SJPB

Re: Bellahouston 1982 Papal Mass Music Request!!!

Post by SJPB » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:40 pm

Hi
I have the full score of the Bellahouston Mass; unfortunately I cannot scan a copy of the score as all items are still under copyright. If you can find a copy of a book called Music for the Mass published by Geoffrey Chapman c. 1987, you will find all the Mass settings contained in there. Incidentally, the composer of the Sanctus, Memorial Acclamation and Grand Amen, Ronald Leith is a personal friend and I also knew Mgr. Francis Duffy, the composer of the Gloria and Agnus Dei very well also. The full score of the Mass also included the hymns that were used with descants and arrangements of the hymns. Fr David Trainer who was the musical director for this occasion I knew also and he has written some Mass settings that can still be used today with the revised translated text and are very manageable for Churches with limited musical resources.