Page 1 of 2
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:42 pm
by Guest
I am searching for the lyrics to a hymn from the Baptist Hymnal-(Sankey).It contains the line:-
There is a land beyond the stars
Gloryland, O, Gloryland (refrain)
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:49 pm
by Guest
Here is a site that includes Ira Sankey's bio and a list of his songs with lyrics. Maybe you can find it here....
http://www.hymntime.com/tch/bio/s/a/n/sankey_id.htm
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:54 pm
by steve
Nope...for some reason, Cyberhymnal (which usually has everything) doesn't have this. But here are the lyrics you need:
1.
There is a land beyond the stars
Gloryland, bright Gloryland
Beyond the sunset's crimson bars
Gloryland, bright Gloryland
A land of peace without alloy
Of joy beyond all earthly joy
And naught its calm can e'er destroy
Gloryland, bright Gloryland!
2.
The city of our God is there,
Gloryland, bright Gloryland
Its jasper walls with beauty fair
Gloryland, bright Gloryland.
Its gates of pearl like silver gleam
Its skies with fadeless sunlight beam
And through it flows life's crystal stream
Gloryland, bright Gloryland!
3.
We lift our eyes by faith and see
Gloryland, bright Gloryland,
Where Christ Himself the light shall be
Gloryland, Bright Gloryland
There songs of praise glad hearts shall sing
The radiant air with music ring
Each voice proclaim our Saviour King
Gloryland, bright Gloryland!
Hope it helps. God bless!
Steve
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:35 am
by BassSinger64
What is the title of this song? I have a copy of Sankey's HymnBook, "Gospel Songs, Vol 1-6", from 1894. (I am not sure of the exact title of the HymnBook.)
I am not acquainted with this song.
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:47 pm
by Guest
Waterson:Carthy have a beautiful recording of this hymn, Gloryland. Spine-tingling. The CD can be found here on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Heathens-Old ... 467&sr=8-1
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:29 pm
by Guest
I'm seaching for this song by Ely Christy. its first line reads:
It pays to serve Jesus I speak from my heart
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:18 am
by Guest
I'm seaching for this song by Ely Christy. its first line reads:
It pays to serve Jesus I speak from my heart . Please e-mail the lyrics to me at:
[email protected]
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:37 pm
by Guest
i am searching for a song titled,
it pays to serve jesus
i speak from my heart
he will always be with us
if we do our part
there is nothing in this wild world
my e mail
[email protected]
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:47 pm
by Guest
I am searching for a song about Others that was in the old hymnals.
Thanks.
JCP
Lyrics to a Hymn from THe Baptist Hymnal (Sankey)
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:20 pm
by Guest
i am searching for a baptist hym with the line that says when all of Gods children get together what a time