christian song I think its's from the middle to late 70's - Would you believe in me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
shealynn

christian song I think its's from the middle to late 70's - Would you believe in me

Post by shealynn » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 am

I am looking for the christian singer who sang this song "Would you believe in me" The lyrics went like this...

If I could die for you and live again. If I could let you touch the nail prints in my hand. If I could lay for you my footprints in the sand. Would you believe in me?
If I could work a miracle before your eyes. If I could change the rain to clear blue skies. If I could open up the blinded eyes to see. Would you believe me?
Child you've running away to long. It's about time you come back home. If you're looking for a sign there ain't no sign to see. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.
niki

Post by niki » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Wow, that's weird...I was just looking for this yesterday, I think. I know the song was sung by the group TRUTH in the late 70's. I could not find it on the net but there is a part of it on youtube. It was at TRUTHS farewell tour songs from the 70's. I really do not like the way the newer people in that group were singing it. The 70's version was way better. I do have the album (That's how old it is) but unfortunately, it is in storage in another state. If you find it by anyone else, please post that info. I would love to have the chords to it.

There is another "would you believe in me" but it is NOT the same one.

Be blessed, Niki

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I think Tim Sheppard wrote that song and TRUTH made it famous.

Post by Guest » Tue May 21, 2013 5:16 pm

The Imperials did it on their No Shortage album
jhooks

Re: christian song I think its's from the middle to late 70's - Would you believe in me

Post by jhooks » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:38 am

God bless you all. I haven't heard this song in almost 40 years. It was my favorite song in grammar song. I can't stop the tears.
ronboyd

Re: christian song I think its's from the middle to late 70's - Would you believe in me

Post by ronboyd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brar1MxCdFI

Actually it was the band, A New Mind, that sand this song, not Gateway, the group I was a part of. This was the main group which traveled as part of the Georgia Southern College Wesley Foundation when Bill Jackson-Adams was Campus Minister there. I was there from 1981-1983.
Jautter

Post by Jautter » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:55 am

There was a man named pat Graham that sand this song when I was a kid in church I loved it so much....do you believe in me, and the words I say, and in him who sent me from above do you believe in my love, Ive tried so many ways to show you the world and show who I am this is my body that is broken for you never forget who I am do you believe in me he sang those words and then a woman sang down to via dela rosa all the way suffering the lamb the messiah christ the king dolla via dela rosa all the way to calvery