Page 1 of 1

Looking for a song "O' How sweet To rest in the Arms of Jesus"

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:39 pm
by utsteadman
The best I remember it goes like " O' How sweet to rest in the arms of Jesus, O' how sweet .... Just to know he has saved me, with His mercy forgave me...." Any Help would be appreciated.

Looking for a song "O' How sweet To rest in the Arms of Jesus"

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:40 pm
by Guest
Once a traveler I was wandering, down a road rough and dusty
Satan had me blinded to the things of the world
I didn't know the peace of Jesus, wasn't aware salvation frees us
Till I trusted him completely by hearing God's word

O how sweet to rest in the arms of Jesus
O how sweet to know I'm safe from all harm
Just to know he has saved me, with his mercy forgave me
O how sweet to lean on Jesus' strong arms

Life has had its cares and trials, and we've walked some lonely miles
But it's worth the slight affliction for the smile on God's face
When my journey here has ended and to God I have ascended
There with him my voice has blended, I'll thank him for Amazing Grace

Chorus

Tag: O how sweet to lean on Jesus' strong arms


I couldn't find the song on youtube, but I know that there are several southern gospel groups that have it on their cd's (:

Looking for a song "O' How sweet To rest in the Arms of Jesus"

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 am
by Guest
The cathedrals on YouTube with it

Looking for a song "O' How sweet To rest in the Arms of Jesus"

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:59 pm
by Guest
I'm also looking on utube for tht song, used to sing it back home on the choir in Jamaica.

Looking for a song "O' How sweet To rest in the Arms of Jesus"

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:04 pm
by songinmyheart
Here is the studio recording from The Cathedrals'
1982 album - Oh Happy Day
Oh How Sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w-vm6AttvQ

Looking for a song "O' How sweet To rest in the Arms of Jesus"

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:20 pm
by songinmyheart
Here is another verse:
He is building me a mansion. His perfect plan need no expansion
I can hear the raptured Church start to sing Amazing Grace
There'll be sunshine and laughter and joy ever after
as we march 'round walls of Jasper; see Jesus face-to-face

and yet another rendition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EE-9exlfjw