Page 1 of 1
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:05 am
by Guest
part of the song is i picked a rose from mama's garden it stands for the thing id like to say .....papa you cant smell them when thy layed you away
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 am
by Guest
PAPA
PAPA YOUR HAIR HAS TURNED TO SILVER
AND I WONDER JUST HOW MANY I PUT THERE
YOUR SHOULDERS WERE ONCE SO PROUD AND STRONG
BUT THEY'RE BENT NOW FROM THE LOAD YOU'VE HAD TO BARE.
SO I PICKED A ROSE FROM MAMA'S GARDEN
IT STANDS FOR THE THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY
I'VE WAITED SO LONG TO GIVE YOU FLOWERS
BUT PAPA YOU CAN'T SMELL THEM WHEN THEY'VE LAID YOU AWAY.
OH PAPA I THOUGHT I'D WRITE A LETTER
TO SAY THE THINGS I WANTED YOU TO KNOW
BUT PAPA THESE WORDS THEY DON'T COME EASY
SO PAPA I'LL JUST SAY IT WITH A ROSE.
I THINK THIS IS THE SONG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
MSB
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:02 am
by Guest
Apparently there is another version. My great-uncles, the Cansler Brothers, had quite a nice career in Southern Gospel- unfortunately before the CD era. I am trying very hard to get everything lined up to put their old stuff on youtube. Anyway, they had a different set of lyrics for the 2nd verse:
Papa, the words won't come easy.
You're growing feeble, and the Heavens have told me, "I'm in a race with time," I know.
But the teardrops won't let tell you what I want to.
So Papa, I'll just say it with this rose.
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:12 am
by Guest
thank yo
u so much...I dont remember who sang this song but from the time I was a child, it touched me and still does to this day! Again, thank you.
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 am
by Guest
who sang the song Papa? I think it was a young man named Steven or Steve Green but it was so long ago I cant remember
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 am
by Guest
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:32 pm
by Guest
It was Steve Sanders I believe.
Looking for a song i think its called "Papa"
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:16 am
by Guest
Slim and Zella Mae Cox from St.Louis, Mo. Put it on one of their albums.....Their daughter Helen sang the song.