Page 1 of 1

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead ...

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:37 am
by Guest
Looking for lyrics for this song... possibly by the Roy Knight Singers...? Thx!

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead ...

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am
by Guest
EARLY ONE MORNING AT THE BREAKING OF DAWN
TWO WOMEN WENT OUT TO THE GARDEN ALONE
THEY WERE GOING TO ANNOINT JESUS WITH SPICES THAT DAY
BUT JESUS HAD RISEN THE STONE ROLLED AWAY

WHY SEEK YE THE LIVING AMONG THE DEAD
FOR JESUS HAS RISEN THE ANGEL THEN SAID


CAN'T REMEMBER ALL THE SONG, NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE ONE YOU WANT IF SO I MAY HAVE IT HERE SOMEWHERE.

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead ...

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:39 am
by Guest
Just saw this post. Sandy Knight is my cousin and I remember them singing this song, but I don't remember if she wrote it. I grew up in the church where the Roy Knight Singers used to sing.

"Why seek ye the living among the dead, among the dead,
He's not here but he is risen, remember the words he said,
He said I must be given unto the hands of sinners to be crucified,
and come alive, and forever live again."

That's about all I remember of the song.

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead ...

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:34 am
by Guest
Not correct as I remember it - it goes:

Why seek the living, among the dead?
He is not here but is risen as he said!
Alleluia .. Ah A le-e liaaa...
Alleluia

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead ...

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:36 pm
by asmith626
Its called The Garden Tomb

Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead ...

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:09 pm
by Guest
The Cross now is empty is the song