Not by Might

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
clashlee

Not by Might

Post by clashlee » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Am looking for the words (all verses) to this hymn not necessarily this title. Some of the words:

Is there a mountain in your way, do doubts and fears about, Press on Oh hear the spirit say, this mountain shall come down

Cho: Not by might, not by power, but by my spirit saith the Lord of Hosts,......

Thanks for your help

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Is this what you are looking for?

By My Spirit (Almeda Herrick 1898-1961)

Is there a mountain in your way? Do doubts and fears abound? Press on, oh, hear the Spirit say, this mountain shall come down.

Not by might, not by pow'r. By my Spirit sayeth the Lord of Hosts. Not by might, not by pow'r. By my Spirit sayeth the Lord.

This mountain shall be removed. This mountain shall be removed. This mountain shall be removed. By my spirit sayeth the Lord.

Is there a river in your path, a river deep and wide? Step in the waters will roll back, you'll reach the other side.

Not by might, not by pow'r. By my Spirit sayeth the Lord of Hosts. Not by might, not by pow'r. By my Spirit sayeth the Lord.

This mountain shall be removed. This mountain shall be removed. This mountain shall be removed. By my spirit sayeth the Lord.

Is there a fiery furnace trial, far more than you can bear? Behold the blessed Son of God, is walking with you there.

Then trust alone the mighty God, He speaks the winds obey. Take courage, then, oh fainting heart for you He'll make a way.

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:29 pm

It's 2007 and come across this - thank you!! Now I don't have to type it.

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:42 am

It's 2010 and this is what I was looking for. I had part of the song going through my head but didn't know where to find the rest of it. THANK YOU!

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:23 pm

It is sng by All together Seperate, a part of their ardent worship album

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:53 pm

I love this song - I remember singing this song at the top of my lungs as a little boy at Eastside Assembly...Brings tears to my eyes and fills my heart with joy to sing it again this afternoon!

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:54 pm

This mountain is a source of strength during my deepest darkest trials.

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Its 2013 and this is what I was looking for. Thank You. -Isaac

Not by Might

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:26 am

Do you have the tune for the hymn above "By My Spirit" by Alameda Herrick (1957) ? Thanks. Kindly send to my email [email][email protected].[/email] Thanks.