"In times like these..."

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Wed May 02, 2012 12:51 pm

this song; in times like these'' was song at my dad,s funeral in 1961. i had requested it . 51 years ago wow i still love it. fred

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 am

thank you this is the song that I have been searching for.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Thank you. I woke up in the night singing some of the words to this song.
I have not thought of or sung this song in many many years. I believe God
put that in my mind to remind me to hang on to Him. Things are very hard right
now in my life but I will praise Him and hang on to my Solid Rock, Jesus, through
it all.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm

The is a very sacred song that i love very much, it warm and heart felt. i sing it at church, home or if am at work and it is dawned upon me to sing during my prayer time. i love the song it give me hope to carry on the christian journey. my parents sing it and when it starts it seems as if it cant end - amazing. The grace of God goes very far. God bless the writer.
hymns 2 teach my kid

"In times like these..."

Post by hymns 2 teach my kid » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:28 pm

I homeschool our children. I realized that they do not know these amazing, God inspired songs. Worship songs are awesome at church, too, however I have been waking up to my childhood hymns. I woke up this a.m. with only partial memory of this song. I have MS and it is a daily struggle. I know that my childhood childrens ministries leader, Mrs. Henderson, is probably praying again. She is the one who helped me to ask Jesus into my heart when I was only 5. I am now praying for Evelyn and Wilson and their family. Loving this site and loving my Anchor.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm glad to have found the lyrics (and title) to this hymn today. Every now and then I hum it and sing it with the few words I remembered. My mother who passed on in '89 had told me family members' favorite hymns and she said that this was her mother's favorite. Her mother passed at age 91 in 1957 so it seems strange when considering that it was written in 1944. All this time I was thinking she was a little girl singing it in church. Regardless of the 'mixup', I now have the lyrics and will save them and record it for my family. Thank you and God Bless!

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Thank you for the lyrics of solid rock

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:35 pm

This old Hymm warm my heart whenever i sing it.

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Still love dis song

"In times like these..."

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Thank you for being ones that keep these hymns alive in our hearts. God bless!