Jesus Gives Me a Song by Homer W. Grimes about 1940

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 am

Does anyone know the lyrics to this song? I know it has more than one verse.
"In sin I wandered, seeking a song.
Days were so dreary, nights were so long.
One day believing, Jesus receiving,
My soul thrilled with a song.
Refrain:
Jesus gives me a song as I travel along on life's weary, toilsome road.
I can sing as I go, for there's one thing I know that will end life's heavy load.
When the shadows are long, He will give me a song, as when skies are blue and bright.
Every step of the way, every hour of the day, and songs in the deepest night."
?????

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:44 am

My father's cousin did an arrangement of this song. He titled his song "My Soul Thrilled with a Song." The words that he used in his arrangement are:
1. Vainly I wandered, seeking a song. Days were so dreary, nights were so long. One day believing, Jesus receiving, my soul thrilled with a song.
Then the same refrain as above, then:
2. Songs in the daytime, songs in the night, songs of devotion, songs of delight, melodies ringing, in my heart singing, my soul thrilled with a song. Then the refrain again.

Post by Guest » Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Guest, 29Sept 2012 is long ago, but if you still need, I could send the words
and the score. CB

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:16 am

any audio for the song?

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:25 pm

I would LOVE the words and the score to Songs in ithe daytime, songs ini the n ight, songs of devotion, songs of delight, melodies ringing, in my heart singing, Jsues give me a song!
how can i contact the guest who p osted he had it?
Ht808

Re: Jesus Gives Me a Song by Homer W. Grimes about 1940

Post by Ht808 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:08 am

Jesus gives me a song
1. In sin I wandered seeking a song. Days were so dreary, nights were so long. One day believing. Jesus is receiving. My soul thrilled with a song. My soul thrilled with a song.
Songs in the daytime, song in the night. Songs of devotion, songs of delight. Melodies ringing in my heart singing. Jesus gives me a song. Jesus gives me a song.

2. Are you in trouble? Are you distress? Is there no singing? Is there no rest? Look up to Jesus. He likes to free us. He will give you a song. He will give you a song.
Songs in the daytime, song in the night. Songs of devotion, songs of delight. Melodies ringing in my heart singing. Jesus gives me a song. Jesus gives me a song.
Annie

Re: Jesus Gives Me a Song by Homer W. Grimes about 1940

Post by Annie » Tue May 24, 2022 3:35 am

I'm pretty sure they are 3 verses to this song if you're still interested. I can double check.
Ht808 has a few typos in the 2nd verse, but otherwise it's correct.
I'm not sure I can find sheet music for it, but I know the tune.