Page 1 of 1
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:47 pm
by Guest
we are looking for this song as my grandmother wrote it all down but none of us know what it is
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm
by Guest
It is a beautiful song. I know all of the words but do not have the music.
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:54 am
by Guest
I know how the melody goes, but don't have a copy of the music.
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:06 am
by Guest
I'd like to know how the melody goes if that's possible...?
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 pm
by Guest
My parents have sung this all my life. Words by Edward C Perry. Music by Asher Sizemore. The songbook we have it in has no cover or other information about the songbook. It says on the page that has the song: "Copyright 1935 by Arthur Sizemore, Louisville, Ky."
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 pm
by Guest
Sorry, the first "Asher" should have been "Arthur"
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:47 pm
by Guest
Hello, I too learned that song as a youngster. I believe it is by Asher Sizemore and Little Jimmie.
some build their castle in ireland. I'll build my castle in heaven
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:33 am
by songinmyheart
I have been trying to piece together the lyrics
Are these correct?
vs 1
Some build their Castles in Ireland,
Some build their Castles in Spain
But I'll build my Castle in Heaven
Where there's sun-shine and no rain;
Where every one loves each other and lends a helping hand
I'll build my Castle in Heaven, And not of stone and sand
vs2
Earthy treasures I know are wonderful,
Beautiful I must confess, But when you pass to eternal
You must have peace and rest
So open your heart to Jesus, And be a friend to man,
Build your Castle in Heaven, And not of stone and sand
Chorus
I'11 build my Castle in Heaven way up there in the blue,
And the door will alway's be open, To you my friends, to you;
Oh there we'll always be happy, No sorrow lingers there,
There's only a one-way ticket,
And that's your ticket of prayer