Page 1 of 1

every knee shall bow, every heart confess......

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 pm
by Guest
I believe this is a Methodist Hymn that I have sang at Ocean Grove, NJ. (The greatest place on earth I might add!) I need the whole hymn and can't find my "Ocean Grove Sings Hymnbook."

every knee shall bow, every heart confess......

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:47 pm
by songinmyheart
is this it?

At The Name of Jesus

1 At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow,
every tongue confess him King of glory now;
'tis the Father's pleasure we should call Him Lord,
who from the beginning was the mighty Word.

2 Humbled for a season, to receive a name
from the lips of sinners unto whom he came,
faithfully He bore it, spotless to the last,
brought it back victorious when from death he passed.

3 Bore it up triumphant with its human light,
through all ranks of creatures to the central height,
to the throne of Godhead, to the Father's breast;
filled it with the glory of that perfect rest.

4 In your hearts enthrone him; there let him subdue
all that is not holy, all that is not true.
Crown him as your captain in temptations hour;
let his will enfold you in its light and power.