Page 1 of 1

I walked down to the tomb this morning

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:08 pm
by abloved
Can't seem to find this anywhere, some say it`s He`s Gone.

I walked down to the tomb this morning

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm
by songinmyheart
from our 2007 Archives:
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... pic&t=1309
hope this is some help

I walked down to the tomb this morning,
to prepare the body of my Lord.
But, before I could get there,
I could feel something in the air.
Could this be the day the prophets foretold?

Mary, why are you weeping and whom seekest thou?
remember what he said that he would raise from the dead?
Can't you see from the stone rolled that Jesus is gone?

Chorus:
He's gone the grave couldn't hold him,
Salvation was completed and now he's gone.
He's gone and thru the precious blood of Jesus,
he's coming back to meet and take us
away forever where he's gone.

Tag:
Grave where is your victory?
Death where is your sting?
The Tomb of my Savior is empty.
The grave couldn't hold our King.

I walked down to the tomb this morning

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:22 am
by Guest
He's Gone - sung by The Greenes from North Carolina

I walked down to the tomb this morning

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:23 am
by Guest
I have the cassette tape of it