My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:06 pm

I awakened this morning with this old hymn on my mind. When I was in Central High School in Oklahoma City more than 60 years ago, I was in the chorus. Mrs, Lee was the teacher. We sang "My Heav'nly Father Watches Over Me" in the days before God was removed from our public schools. Our soloist was Jacqueline Knight. She sat in the soprano section near the door. I was a 14 year old freshman, and I thought I had never heard such a beautiful voice in person. She was a beautiful young woman, all of 17 years old. The last I heard, decades ago, Jackie lived in California. I was told she had gone to study with the San Francisco Opera Company. If you know her, if she still lives, please tell her I have never forgotten her and her lovely voice. James E. (Jim) Hamby, Jr., Denver, CO. shoebuckle@aol,com

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 am

I sang this hymn at my grandmothers funeral 22 years ago to the day! You would never believe that I never know more than the first verse and I have been looking for the lyrics for years!! I am a soloist in my church choir in Baltimore, Md, and everytime I sing this song (Verse 1 and the Chorus) someone is moved to tears or cimes up and tells me how they remember the song from their grandmother or mother. It has a very deep-rooted spiritual significance and serves as inspiration for everyone regardless of age, or personal circumstances. I have had many tragic, traumatic experiences in my lifetime, but the Good Lord has ALWAYS seen me through those troubled times. I can attest to the fact that my Heavenly Father definitely, without a doubt, watches over me. I am so thankful for His Grace, Mercy and unconditional Love and I will praise His Wonderful Name for the rest of my days.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Hello, blessings and honor all go My Precious Heavenly Father and bless you all Heavenly bound saints. You have all renewed my spirit. I am blessed with great health, not fearing the ganglion on my right hand wrist, will trust in Him in all my earthly battles. Mom is having financial troubles and might loose her home, siblings are not saved, and I am the one who will continue trusting and waiting to see His hand move hearts and touch minds all to His honor and glory. Brother who is a realtor might go to jail and is the one who got mom's home in financial issues. Psalm 23 is my most favorite bible verse. Woke up to this hymn and reading all of your messages truly lifted Spirit, I am only 42 and gave my heart to the Lord in 2007. Life has been tough but His anointed keeps me in the path of righteousness. I am so looking forward to meeting all of you as we get to meet Our Heavenly Father. May Our Lord Jesus Christ reside in your hearts today and always let His sweet presence be the reason you smile and share His love with others.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:37 am

i've being looking for this hymn for the past 2 yrs
thanks for making it available

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Hello,

does anyone know where I can get the sheet music to this beautiful gospel song? My wife is a soprano and I would like her to sing this song at her next concert!

Thanks

Thomas

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 pm

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU! I learned this song as a child 70 years ago and I keep singing it over and over but didn't remember all the words. I can now sing all of it. Thanks Wilma Lee

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 pm

im looking for the Lyrics to Who's on the Honor Roll My Great Dad please relpy i would like to have it before fathers day so i could sing it to him

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:37 am

I Trust In God I was reading a sermonette a few minutes ago when I remembered a girl in my High School chorus class who sang this solo. She had one of those unusual, utterly clear, high soprano voices that was unforgettable. The date was 1948 and, in my heart, I can still hear her sing. Praise God for still being worthy of my trust 60 years later. "Behold, [He] changeth not."

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm

"m looking for the music. We work in Haiti and would like to have the song sang in our choir

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:40 pm

I awoke with this hymn on my mind, but did not know all of the lyrics.
thank-you