At the first coming of The Lord he came to Bethlehem, so softly spoken was the word that only Mary h

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

At the first coming of The Lord he came to Bethlehem, so softly spoken was the word that only Mary h

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:47 am

Does anyone remember this hymn from St. Colm s. College . May have come from south East Asian Hymnbook.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:21 pm

At the first coming of the Lord
He came to Bethlehem.
So softly spoken was the Word
In this dark world of men.
That only Mary heard, and kept
The secret in her breast,
When down from heav'n's high
throne he leapt,
And in her arms found rest.

At the next coming of the Lord
He came in bread and wine.
His flesh he gave, his blood outpoured,
True manna and true vine.
And still his promise holds-to come
Till sacraments shall cease,
In humble hearts to find a home,
And they in him their peace
At the last coming of the Lord
In fire and cloud he'll ride:
Out of his mouth a two-edged sword
To pierce and to divide
The hearts and souls of men, for whom
He died and rose again.
Then come, Lord Jesus, quickly come,
And speak the last Amen.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Yes! My music teacher taught our choir way back 1982 here in Nigeria. Can't tell the source tho. Thanks for the lyrics!!
yaturi3

Re: At the first coming of The Lord he came to Bethlehem, so softly spoken was the word that only Mary h

Post by yaturi3 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:13 am

My own Music teacher also taught me this way back in 1973, here in Nigeria. Please May I know the -identry of this Music teacher and the school? Many thanks indeed!