Can It Be True

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Hopeful

Re: Can It Be True

Post by Hopeful » Sat May 11, 2019 3:43 pm

I love it too A never to be forgotten hymn I,d love to hear it sung again Surely there’s a recording somewhere !Help someone!
Jen63

Post by Jen63 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:20 am

Thanks for posting the lyrics. I used to hear this sung as a 6/7 year old child when my parents ran a youth group, held in our home in the south of England. Just remembered it in my quiet time this morning. I could remember pretty much all the words. It used to have such an impact on me then. Beautiful words and tune and truth. 🙏🏼
Tilda

Post by Tilda » Mon May 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Haven’t heard or sang this song in decades! - Beautiful tune, powerful lyrics. I used to play it on guitar, in D major key, I think. I was only a beginner. I mean to sing and play it again soon. Grateful I got the lyrics here.
Eibhlín

Post by Eibhlín » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Does anyone know where I could find the sheet music for this hymn?
Afer

Post by Afer » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:15 pm

Hi, Can it be True is a lovely song, I looked on You Tube and found a Youth Praise version of this sung by Pelle Karlsson qv. Happy memories of Youth Praise in the 60s and 70s which did for Christian Youth what pop was doing for the masses back then. Thank you Michael Baughen et al who were in tune with the Spirit in those years and faithfully produced all the gold that they did.
Afer

Post by Afer » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:07 pm

Eibhlín wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:41 pm Does anyone know where I could find the sheet music for this hymn?
Hi Eibhlin
I have a copy of this music. I could post it here or does that breach copyright?
Afer
Bernie

Post by Bernie » Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:36 am

The guitar cords for the hymn can it be true are
G...E...C....D

Love this