Lest I forget

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
SharonJoy1958

Lest I forget

Post by SharonJoy1958 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:05 pm

I have only heard this song once but it has stuck with me for over 30 years. I can't seem to find it anywhere. The lyrics go like this.

Lest I forget, I will lift my eyes to Calvary
There to view the Glory Jesus left behind
My little world it crumbles to the ground.

We build our mansions and our castles
out of wood, stubble and hay
and we forget the words of Jesus
these things will pass away.

My little world, it crumbles to the ground.

Has anyone else ever head this?
SharonJoy

Re: Lest I forget

Post by SharonJoy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:28 pm

I heard this when I lived in the Bronx in 1977-82 and have not heard it since and no one I ask has ever heard it. I'm like you all of it stuck with me all these years.
SharonJoy

Post by SharonJoy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Nothing like posting a reply to your own question. Buhahaha. I'm so stupid.
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi Sharon
I recently ran across this but haven't tried it.
If it works for you, let us know
Nancy

https://www.midomi.com

If you have a tune that’s stuck in your head, just grab a microphone, hum that tune yourself and Midomi will be able tell you what that song is. Alternatively, you may play a short recording of that “unknown” track for Midomi to identify its name.
Unlike Shazam which is a mobile app, Midomi offers a web interface where you can can hum or sing for about 10 seconds and the service will then show you a list of matching songs. For best results, keep the volume bar in the green and avoid background noise.
Midomi is free to use online, but it also offers mobile apps for iPhone, Android, Nokia Ovi and Windows Mobile phones. You can identify songs by holding your phone up to a speaker or by singing / humming the melody into the phone itself.