Welcome to the IMPROVED Name That Hymn Discussion Forum

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
steveliu
Site Admin

Welcome to the IMPROVED Name That Hymn Discussion Forum

Post by steveliu » Fri May 18, 2018 7:03 am

Welcome to the improved Name That Hymn Discussion Board!

At long last, we've migrated from our old, outdated software to a new, modern software. The new system has a lot of great features the old one didn't--it works on mobile devices, you can add attachments, all pages are secure, and smilies actually work now :D Thank God, we were able to migrate over 13,000 topics spanning 50,000 individual posts from the old site to this one.

If you are a registered user, please note the following:

1) Your old password will no longer work, for security reasons.
2) To reset your password, click the link that says "Login" near the top of the page.
3) You'll see a username and password box. Underneath the password box will be a link that says "I forgot my password". Click it.
4) Enter the username AND the email address you used on the old site. If you can't remember either one, feel free to click Contact Us on the bottom of this page and I can look it up for you.
5) You'll receive an email titled "New password activation" that will send you a temporary new password and a link to click to activate it. Click the link, and then use the password in the email to sign in.
6) To change your password, you can go into your Profile Settings

You can still post as a Guest too; the system will ask for your email and username, but you can feel free to put in throwaway information if you'd like to stay anonymous.

With any migration there are going to be kinks, so if you see anything odd (or have any suggestions), please click Contact Us at the bottom of this page and I can look into it.

I hope you enjoy the new system, and good Lord willing, hopefully it can help bring us many, many more years of Naming That Hymn!

God bless,
Steve
songinmyheart

Re: Welcome to the IMPROVED Name That Hymn Discussion Forum

Post by songinmyheart » Sat May 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Steve

Can you check this out?
On the home page I am getting “File not found (404 error)”
when I click on both of the Hymn Lyrics Search Forum links

Thanks and as always, Lord bless you
Nancy
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Nancy. These should all be fixed now, but please let me know if you see anything else that's amiss.

God bless!
Steve
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks for everyone's continued patience as I continue to update the new board.

If you've tried to reset your password and have gotten an error message "You are not authorized to change your password", good news--I fixed the issue, so the "forgot password" page at ucp.php?mode=sendpassword should be working again.

As always, if you encounter any issues, please feel free to click that "Contact Us" link on the bottom of the screen to get me a personal message.

God bless!
Steve
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 pm

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise...but I am :)

My apologies for those who submitted requests through the Contact Us button. For various reasons I'm only seeing many of them for the first time now. Those who requested password resets, I've sent them to you--please check your Inbox and your spam folder. Note that in some cases if you had capital letters or spaces in your username, I had to adjust them to all lowercase. If you still need help, please try the Contact Us link again.

Note that this Inbox is not intended for any other request than help with login and passwords. For hymn requests, please post them to the message board.

Thanks and God bless!
Steve
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 pm

A note for spammers.

I run NameThatHymn.com in my free time, but in the full-time I'm an SEO expert. Actually, if I may say so, one of the top in the world. So whatever tactics you're using to get your links onto this site are going to be stopped. First by Google, who is already giving no value to your links, and secondly by me. If you'd like to continue the cat-and-mouse game, that's your choice. But you're wasting your time. Any link spam posted to this board will result in your post being flagged and then deleted, your username being banned, and your IP being passed to a number of spam detection databases. You'd be best to move on to the next forum.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm

A follow-up note to spammers.

You didn't think I noticed that you were putting links on this site, hidden in white text, did you?

Well, I've been watching you since you joined the site. And you'll find that your links are gone, so they're not helping your sites (and they never did). But you've given this site a lot of good relevant content for SEO. Thanks for that.

If you stop doing it now, I may consider not going to Google and to the SEO community with the data I've collected in my honeypot that traces back to exactly who you are (including your Fiverr profiles). But if you continue, just remember what I said above. Suffice it to say, you're messing with the wrong guy.

Just so you know what to expect:

1) Any links you post will be automatically deleted (I can write scripts and regex filters too).
2) If there are any legitimate clients of yours I can identify, I will be reaching out to them to warn them to drop you as an SEO consultant. You give our industry a bad name.
3) If you continue this behavior, I'll be compiling a list of all the local spam microsites you've created and I'll be passing them off to Google (and yes, I know how to get to the Webspam team directly). Like I said, I have compiled a very long list from the last few months you've been doing this.

As Captain America said, I can do this all day. You can continue to spam a discussion board run by an SEO expert who's a lot more experienced than you are, or you can move on and bother other people.