suffer little children

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm

It is truely a lovely song for Children. I have the sheet music, and play and sing it on my piano at home. When I was 11 and 12, I sang it at primary school and I was one of the solo voices.

If you enjoy Suffer Little Children, you may also like these two lovely songs:-
All Things Bright and Beautiful (version by John Rutter), and For The Beauty of the Earth.

Enjoy.

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:54 pm

hi thier
i would like to know who wrote'suffer little children lyrics' and where did it originate from?
lucille

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:21 pm

Help! I have spent the entire day searching for the music for Suffer Little Children as in the 10/31/05 post. My best friend's cousin died quite unexpectedly, and the funeral is tomorrow. They very much wish to have this as part of the service and I am running out of places to look. If you have this or know where I can purchase a download of the music, please let me know as soon as possible.
Thank you so much!
- Stephanie
[email protected]

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Thank you for posting the link to the CD. I found it on iTunes and bought it. Such a lovely song... and such a pity the children on the recording sing so incredibly flat.
steveliu
Site Admin

suffer little children

Post by steveliu » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Here's another version, after listening to it, I prefer this one...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ninet ... d265808495

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:02 am

I nned the sheet music for "Suffer Little Children" very urgnetly.
Can somen help me
Kind regards Denise

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 pm

This is a lovely song. We had sung the Mass of St Francis of Assissi with Suffer little Children... when I was working in Lucknow, India over 20 years ago! The choir was great. Next week I plan to do just this song for or Church Aniversary with the little ones as part of a short play.

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 pm

chorus
suffer little children to come unto me
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
suffer little children to come unto me
for theirs is the kingdom of the lord
verse 1
they came unto him children
little children
that he might lay his hands upon them
pray for and bless them children
little children gathered
round the lord
chorous

who remembers this hymn?
little children

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 am

The hymn' Suffer Little Children' is sung by Fr Sydney McKeowan (not sure about the spelling)and the Irish boys choir for a silver jubilee mass. I used to have a taped copy of it by it's lost now and that's all I can remember,the whole sung mass is beautiful tho

suffer little children

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 am

Hi thank you all i am singing this right now, beautiful so so beautiful.
Grew up with this and today some 38 years later i am looking for the lyrics again.