Goin' Home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 pm

I deeply apologize, the actress in Snake Pit was Betsy Blair, and I think she sang the sone.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm

My apologies again, I check IMDB and Jan Clayton was the one who sang Going Home in the movie Snake Pit. I think her voice was dubbed in for Betsy Blair.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:00 am

"Going Home" also appeared in an earlier movie, Hallalujah.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0019959/soundtrack

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:25 am

the angelic voice you may be thinking of is Chloe from Celtic Woman. She does a rendition of "Going Home"

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 am

I've enjoyed listening to this Masterpiece many times, over the decades, but never as intently as I did a few moments ago, when the thought suddenly struck me; "If the Lord saw fit to take me home before he returns, I would very much want this piece, [all six and a half minutes of it, i.e. to the track Dvorak - Largo "New World" Symphony complete with Lyrics], played without interruption at the very end of the service before being borne upon the shoulders of my children."
IHS Richard.
God Bless You Steve

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:48 am

Does anyone know where the instrumentals to Jan Clayton's version of "Goin' Home" may be? I plan on singing for my church and I'd like to find a site that has the insturmentals of her version. You might remember her from the 1947 movie "The Snake Pit". That would help TONS if someone could help. Thank you and God Bless.

[email protected]

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Thank all of you in this thread!! And Steve Lieu! I've picked up several new lyrics and performances that I hadn't known about before. Just saw "The Snake Pit" last nite on TCM and was particularly moved by the singer's performance. I (along with a number of friends) have chosen this "Going Home", "Pie Jesu' and "Lux Aeterna' for final services.

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 am

I recently heard this on an episode of the TV show "Big Love" (Season 4, Episode 2 "The Greater Good") and liked it so much that I started to look around for it. Teresa, if you are still around, I think that the "angelic voice" you heard singing this was probably one of the soloists from the Libera Boy's Choir, in South London, England. Here is a YouTube link for it. Enjoy!Personally, I think this version is the best one I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2aLSat3h0w
lccfccoop

Goin' Home

Post by lccfccoop » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Does anyone know if the lyrics are copyrighted and if so by whom?

Goin' Home

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:46 am

found this version of Dvorak New world Symphony and sounds beautiful
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Cal ... 5EsCoys9qc