Daisies are our silver

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:10 pm

One of my favourite hymns when I was at school. Still think of it when I see buttercups and daisies.

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

So pleased to find this. I remember singing it at school in the early 60s. Glad now to fill in my memory gaps.

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:50 pm

I love this hymn and remember singing this at my favourite school 58 years ago :)

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:01 pm

I sang this along with When a Knight Won His Spurs at St Stephens primary school, Worcester in the '50s. At the end of the school year we sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again to the tune Gandolf. It would be nice if these beautiful hymns were sung again. The school has gone but the adjoining church is still there.

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Thank you for completing the verses, I love this hymn and still think of it when I see wild flowers. I fear, however, that someone would find something to object to for reasons of 'political correctness' if it was proposed as a children's hymn today. Do any schools still sing it, I wonder.

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:09 am

I used to sing this at school in the early fifties. I loved it then and it often comes to mind. It was a real delight to find it here. thank you.

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:37 pm

The hymn teaches us that true wealth is all around us in people and nature and not in material things.

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Mon May 19, 2014 1:48 pm

I love this hymn and I am so glad so many other people do

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Wed May 28, 2014 8:49 am

Where can I find this hymn in a hymn book?

Daisies are our silver

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:14 pm

I can't believe I've finally found the complete words to this hymn which I often hum in my head!! I can remember it from my school days in Manchester. I wanted this hymn to be played at my wedding but could only bring a few words to mind. My Vicar regretfully could not recall it so my now husband thought it never existed! I'm so glad that I can now prove him wrong but I would rather have had the hymn played and sung at my wedding!