Daisies are our silver

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Gill

Re: Daisies are our silver

Post by Gill » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Thank you very much Keith for all the information about Joyce Anstruther.
Juls SwasT

Post by Juls SwasT » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:04 am

I have been searching for these lyrics for years and just when I mention to my friend that I cannot find them anywhere - up pops this post! Divine? We sang all but the last verse as our music teacher didn’t like the word “gay” - but refused to change it for another word. Didn’t realise the lady who wrote this also wrote my other favourite hymns - When a Knight won his spurs and Lord of all hopefulness. Thank you so much for this thread. Amazing.
Happyjay

Post by Happyjay » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am

Wonderful to read!
I have sung this all my life to myself, but I seem to break into emotion when I try to sing it to others!! It’s so honest, innocent and joyful!
Thankyou to everyone for sharing your memories and all the information about this lovely hymn.
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:00 pm

Found these wonderful lyrics just a few weeks ago and passed them onto my sister today. We were children of the 60's but they still taught this wonderful song at our Colwyn Bay primary school. We have lived in Australia for most of our lives and I only remembered the first verse. So happy to see this again after so long. Now if only I can find the Welsh song about the 3 pigs, my lost songs list will be complete! Thank you to the poster of the lyrics.
teppard

Post by teppard » Tue May 09, 2023 11:41 am

I remember this hymn from primary school in the 60s
Tina

Post by Tina » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:38 pm

I have been looking for this hymn for many years. I remember it from the 60s in junior school in Newbury.
I have google searched several times but only found it tonight.