O mama mary

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:46 pm

I have this song on tape. I taped it off the radio years ago. I have been unable to find the words or music or CD of this song. Does anyone know who sings it?

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:39 pm

Momma Mary is a Roger Whittaker song. It was released on the Roger Whittaker Christmas Album and the Roger Whittaker Christmas Collection and possibly others. When doing 'net searches for this, be sure to spell it "Momma". If you aren't finding much with 'Mama' it is because Mr. Whittaker uses the "Momma" spelling.

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:50 pm

[email protected]

If you could please send me the sheet music as well? Thanks a lot!

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Any chance I could get the sheet music as well...I'm a music teacher hoping to use it on a concert...
[email protected]
Thanks!

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Allright what we need here is a very talented ,warm ,huge hearted guitarist
that will patiently disect the country -folkie unique style that is roger whittakers guitar style and the dozens of chord embellishments heard in Momma Mary! Better luck........why don't you ask santa!!!!!
Roger probably never ever wrote it down since it did not appear in the few "christmas with" songs that were published and now long out of print.. I too have spent at least a day of my life every year around christmas time for the last 5 years trying to net find these chords so I consider myself a loser expert at this useless endeavor. If I had a thimble full of talent other than being a fantastic mimic with my own guitar play, I would share Momma Mary with the whole world and risk Roger and his grandkids suing me so all of us can humbly make the rest of our congregations cry. (because we cant make it through without crying ourselves we wish you joy!!!) Lets hope he will write it down for us someday...or....those of you with social connections to europe (where he tours to this day) find the man and beg for the momma mary primer!!!
Sorry I just needed to vent!
Katherine from a great First Baptist church

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Any chance I could also get the sheet music...I am a teacher hoping to use it for our Christmas concert.
[email protected];
Thanks!

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:10 pm

I need the sheet music also for a church pageant? Would anyone please be so kind as to help?Brenda [email protected]

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Sorry for sounding like a broken record but IS there any sheet music for this song, and if so, where?
Thank you, Carole

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 am

I used to sing this every christmas at elementary scholl and haven't been able to find it since. Please send the lyrics too [email protected]

O mama mary

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:29 pm

i am in grade 5 and my class is singing that for christmas