I Claim Jesus First Of All

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Does anyone have the words and music to this song

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:46 pm

Houses and lands I may not own,many riches be unknown. Little person in
this world I may be. I can't keep up with the style,but I know I'm God's own
child and I claim Jesus first and that's enough for me.

chorus: I claim Jesus first of all,he will answer when I call for I know I have a
soul the Son set free. I am God's own child by birth, highest honor on this earth and I claim Jesus first and that's enough for me.

Others live on wealth and pride,I am poor but satisfied. Great Jeovah owns
this whole world don't youe see? Underneath His loving wing,I'm as happy
as a kingand I claim Jesus first and that's enough for me.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi: I do not have words or music to this song, but learned it from a Gospel group, some 50+ years ago. The first verse I know is different, and the chorus a little different. I'm including the words I know. Hope this helps.
Vs 1 - Houses and lands I may not own, wealth and riches to be know. Humble person in this world I may be. I can't keep up with the time but I know I'm doin' fine. I claim Jesus first and that's enough for me.
CHO- I claim Jesus first of all, He always answers when I call. For I know I am a soul the Son set free. I am God's own child by birth, highest honor on this earth. I claim Jesus first and that's enough for me.
NOTE: Once I heard jimmy Swaggart sing this song, but with different words on one of his TV shows some years back. Blessings.
Bill Gibson, Watsontown PA. [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:12 pm

There is a third verse as well...

Oh how precious is his grace when you know the time and place,
that you left this sinful world down on your knees,
Jesus bought my fallen soul, now its better felt then told.
I claim Jesus first and that's enough for me.

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2010 1:59 am

hi; i also heard this song about 40 years ago or so another chorus goes i claim jesus first of all, he'll answer when i call. for i know i am a soul the son set free. underneath his lovin wings, i'm just as happy as a king. i claim jesus fist and that's enough for me.

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 2:06 am

my dad sang this song for many years. i am looking for the sheet music.
if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:45 pm

(1)Houses and lands I may not own, many riches be unknown, one little person in this world I may be, I can't keep up with its style but I know I'm God's own child. I claim Jesus first and thats enough for me

Chorus: I claim Jesus first of all, well he'll answer when I call for I know I have a soul the Son set free. Well underneath his loving wings I'm just as happy as a king, I claim Jesus first and thats enough for me.

(2)Well how precious is his grace when you know the time and the place that you left this world of sin down on your knees, Jesus caught my falling soul, its better felt than told, I claim Jesus first and thats enough for me.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi, you can find this song sung and the lyrics on this website. www.touchjesussongs.net/lyricspage115.html

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 am

Can someone please write the whole song? because i have a request that someone wants me to sing it.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:11 am

This song was written by my grandmother, Beulah Durham. The words you have hear are close but not correct.