Sons of God...

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 am

Oh my God. I sang that at church in Westlake, Ohio.

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm looking for the music for this hymn. My First Communion Children recently watched a Davey and Goliath movie about Holy Communion. This hymn was being sung in the background during the movie. It's contagious!

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Does anyone remember the song: I go to mass and bless myself, I bless with Holy water. Then genuflect to show respect for Christ upon the alter. ... Who wrote this song? What was the title ? What were the rest of the lyrics

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 am

My mom really wants to know WHO sings this song.

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Thanks for this discussion! I remember this from way back... only, no one else remembers, and they think I'm nuts. This discussion prompted me to search YouTube - where there are several videos with this song.

Lots of times if you just remember part of the lyrics of a song, you can Google those words, and the complete song will come up.

I'm off to find MORE songs that nobody remembers... ;)

(Here we are, all together, as we sing our song, joyfully....

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Im so pleased to remember these wonderful lyrics! Remember this hyme from primary school. Eh that was 30 years ago. Still makes me smile! God bless. Glasgow, Scotland.

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 am

Written by James Thiem. Also recorded by Ray Repp.

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:47 am

The music was originally published in the F.E.L. publication, Hymnal for Young Christians, (c) 1966, and then by Walther League, Hymns for Now, (c) 1968. You can still find copies once in a while of either publication and I think F.E.L. still has the copyright.

RevDaniel

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:49 pm

This was my favorite when I was a child,and it was sung in a Chasmatic Catholic Church during communion.It always made me feel connected to God .Thanks for the memory of a simplier time in my life.God Bless

Sons of God...

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:53 am

Thank you I also remember singing this song in the 70s in school during communion.

Would you have the lyrics of another hymn I remember... some line go

THERE'S MY NEIGHBOUR SO LONE AND FORGOTTEN, IT'S UP TO ME TO MAKE THINGS LIGHTER FOR HIM

THERE'S MY NEIGHBOUR SO LONE AND FORGOTTEN, IT'S UP TO ME TO HELP HIM THROUGH.

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP, HAS A POWER

lOVE AND FRIENDSHIP, WILL BRING NEW JOY AND HOPE TODAY....

MORE VERSES PLEASE IF ANYONE REMEMBERS.

DO MAIL ME @ [email protected]