What cantata is this song from? That night in all of heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:33 pm

the title is That Night arr. by Ronn Huff. It is part of a total christmas collection by his titled Unto Us a Child is Born.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:36 pm

a wonderful song! Just imagine God and the angels watching the earth in anticipation, and the heavens exploding with music and the angels spilling out over heavens edge and filling the air ........angels from the realm of glory,...angels we have heard on high, Gloria in Excelsis Deo! And the Father rejoicing because He didnt lose His Son, but He did gain to Himself forever those who'd come, even me.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:29 am

I still have the song book from church when we performed it in the 70's.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:28 pm

I sang this at Central Cabarrus High School in North Carolina over 20 yrs ago and loved "That Night"
So glad to find this site with the lyrics. I remember it was such a beautiful song in full choir.
I could only remember part of the song.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Wallace Memorial Baptist Church in Knoxville performed "That Night" at the 25th Anniversary performance of the Living Christmas Tree in 1996 (or 1997?). I don't think there is a recording of it, but as I was singing on the Tree that year, here's my lovely story about it!

The music director invited all the Tree alumni back for the Candlelight Performance (the final Sunday night performance out of the 10 performances) of the LCT that year--we had an afternoon rehearsal with about 80 Tree alumni to go over the two 'special' songs for the end of the service. Plus, the 100-member adult choir and 80-member choir of MS/HS kids on the Tree. So, about 300 people were in the mass choir for the end of the program.

One of the songs for the Candlelight was "Everlasting Light Medley" from Claire Cloninger and Mark Hayes' Everlasting Light. The other was "That Night" from Huff's Unto Us a Child is Born.

The Tree about shook apart, we were singing so exuberantly on that song, I was on the 6th or 7th row from the bottom out maybe 9? The words just speak volumes, plus, anytime you put live singers with a live orchestra, the praise level jumps up two notches on the "wow" scale.

I still have the Learning Tape from that year, I just have to transfer it to CD at some point. It has a recording of an original LCT doing the song, too, just like mommabear's choir did.

Here's the rub: I'm now a church choir director, and I inquired at WMBC about borrowing the Cantata to use that anthem on Christmas at my church. Guess what? The basement flooded about 10 years ago, and the choir room/music library is in the basement. They lost just about all of their music (orchestra scores and arrangements, tapes, octavos...) in the flood. I'm still waiting for a reply on if they managed to salvage this Cantata. I will post again soon with an .mp3 of our recording if I can manage to get it transferred.

God Bless you in your own searches!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 pm

anybody still looking for this? it's from a cantata called 'unto us a child is born' by Ron Huff - wonderful cantata!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Yes, I'm looking. Any insight someone can provide. I'm glad to pay a copy service.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 am

I too am looking for a recording of this. I have it on a cassette tape - if anyone can tell me how to transfer it to CD I'd be happy to share it. I fear the recording is getting old and want to safe it. I sang this wonderful cantata many years ago and the last piece, That Night, still brings me to tears.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Hello - yes - please I can help you transfer this recording - I'm the Technical Director at the Performing Arts Center in Wenatchee, WA - google us and you can get my contact info. I was a kid in Colorado Springs when my parents sang this fantastic song with orchestra tracks. I direct a women's choir now and wrote an SSAA arrangement for them (Fortunately I still have the music book with that entire collection on it - another great piece is "The Jesus Gift") BUT==== I'm desperate to play the full version with symphony for them...

please let me help you!!! thanks! Don

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:29 pm

This music piece is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard perfomed in my life! When we lived near Houston, we would attend the huge First Baptist Church's Christmas programs in the 1980's and they performed that song. I bought the cassette, and think that I still have it and if I can find it, I am going to have it made into a CD. And I do think the name of it is "That Night." It is just a most inspiring song!