When lamps are lighted in the town, the fishermen at sea

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm really glad you identified these lyrics, I've been looking for them for ages. The tune we sang at Invicta Road Infant School, Greenwich was Stracathro which is in the English Hymnal and other hymn books.
love and God bless you from Tony

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:07 pm

We sang this hymn at harvest time, at my primary school in Gorleston on sea. Thanks sooo very much for putting it on the internet. It brings back so many happy memories, and it is such a lovely hymn.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Oh this takes me back. I have been looking out for this hymn for a few years now. It too takes me back to my primary school years. We sang it at Wivelsfield Primary School, back in the 1970's.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:35 pm

remember this as if it was yesterday, but it's forty years since i last sung this song! Gelligaer Junior School ,Mid Glamorgan. What an amazing hymn/song, It took me back to the early 70's power cuts 'n' all !

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Oh wow, i could also only remember the first couple of lines and I really didn't
Think I would find the words when I googled it. It was a favorite of mine from primary school too! 1960s All Hallows, Gedling, Nottingham

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 pm

As above - very fond memories of this song from Alverton Primary School in Penzance

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:04 pm

I often start singing this song on dark blustery days, this was a hymn we sang when I was at Elford Primary School in the mid 1960's and my sisters and brothers before me and my mum and her sisters & brothers. What happy schoolday memories.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:52 am

If only I could remember all of the tune!!! This was my favourite hymn at school 42 years ago-Downs junior in Brighton!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

My favourite hymn in school assembly. So many memories! Thank you.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:24 am

THANK YOU FOR THE WORDS TO THIS HYMN i COULD ONLY REMEMBER THE 1ST VERSE I USED TO SING IT AT PRIMARY SCHOOL IN HATTON DERBYSHIRE IN THE 1950TS