broken pieces lyrics

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

broken pieces lyrics

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Thank you Sheila for sharing how God spoke to you and your husband through the words of this song. The Lord spoke to me the same way as I was waking up this morning. He told me that He would help me pick up the broken pieces of my life. The amazing thing is that I had never heard this old hymn before in my life, so I thought it was probably a Bible verse. I googled it and found out it was the words of an old hymn. God is so awesome and wonderful to us! He's probably looking down from heaven and smiling at us right now. Praise His Holy Name!

Norma (-:

broken pieces lyrics

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:18 am

The real author of this song is not Ruby Kitchen, or the other people mentioned in the copyright. The published lyrics are not exactly the same, but not very dissimilar either. I am the son (Robbie Spencer) of the man who wrote this song. This song was written by Ben Spencer, from Campbellsville, KY. This song was stolen from my father many years ago, published and copyrighted by Ruby Kitchen. My father has written many songs, many of which are worthy to appear alongside this classic. Instead of taking any kind of measures against sister Kitchen, my father chose to leave this whole thing in God's hands. He forgave the person who stole the song and rejoiced that it has been so widely used. I love my dad for who he is. Ruby Kitchen has gone on from this world. My father is currently alive, although getting very old (88 years). I am blessed to see that people are still being blessed by this song, and I pray along with my dad that it will be used to continue to touch lives till Jesus returns.
Brother Jonathan

broken pieces lyrics

Post by Brother Jonathan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:09 am

For the other song, not "Broken Pieces", were you thinking of "The Touch of the Master's Hand"? It starts off with a violin being auctioned off for only three dollars, but the buyer tunes the violin, plays a "melody pure and sweet, sweet as the angels sing" and then, I think, walks away. The auctioneer then gets a bid for three THOUSAND dollars, and when asked, "what made the change" he replied, "It was the touch of the master's hand".

Hoping that helps!

broken pieces lyrics

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Touch Of The Master's Hand - Wayne Watson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMrz6UjQ8Cg

The old violin
Twas battered and scarred,
And the auctioneer thought it
hardly worth his while
To waste his time on the old violin,
but he held it up with a smile.

"What am I bid, good people", he cried,
"Who starts the bidding for me?"
"One dollar, one dollar, Do I hear two?"
"Two dollars, who makes it three?"
"Three dollars once, three dollars twice, going for three,"
But, No,

From the room far back a gray bearded man
Came forward and picked up the bow,
Then wiping the dust from the old violin
And tightening up the strings,
He played a melody, pure and sweet
As sweet as the angel sings.

The music ceased and the auctioneer
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said "What now am I bid for this old violin?"
As he held it aloft with its' bow.

"One thousand, one thousand, Do I hear two?"
"Two thousand, Who makes it three?"
"Three thousand once, three thousand twice,
Going and gone", said he.

The audience cheered,
But some of them cried,
"We just don't understand."
"What changed its' worth?"
Swift came the reply.
"The Touch of the Master's Hand."
"And many a man with life out of tune

All battered and bruised with hardship
Is auctioned cheap to a thoughtless crowd
Much like that old violin

A mess of pottage, a glass of wine,
A game and he travels on.
He is going once, he is going twice,
He is going and almost gone.

But the Master comes,
And the foolish crowd never can quite understand,
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the Touch of the Masters' Hand.
Adedeji

broken pieces lyrics

Post by Adedeji » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:37 am

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the music note of broken pieces, will appreciate if someone can help out.....................my Email add is [email protected]
dcmoorecakes

broken pieces lyrics

Post by dcmoorecakes » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:36 pm

I would very much like a copy of the music broken pieces. someone showed it to me and i would like to have the sheet music. I would prefer the hymn book style if anyone has it, I don't want to purchase the whole hymnbook, if not the sheet musicwill do. Can anyone help me Thank you
ArgusMcKenally

Re: broken pieces lyrics

Post by ArgusMcKenally » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:08 pm

This song was written by Ben Spencer, It was stolen by the writer that you read in the majority of places on the internet. Years later after the woman stole it her husband came to my Grandpa to apologize for the deed. He said I am glad that it was able to touch so many people and I have already forgiven you. I don't have the original lyrics.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 am

Thanks to the family of Ben Spencer for setting the record straight through the years and providing the amazing story of who really wrote this song.

When I read Robbie Spencer's account of his father and ArgusMcKenally's account of his Grandpa, I am so amazed to hear how humble, gracious, and faithful he was. His heart reminds me of the Apostle Paul, who in Philippians 1:18 talks about preachers with false motives who wished to hurt hum while he was in prison, and yet he rejoiced because Christ was preached through them. Regardless of how much Ben Spencer was recognized on the earth, I feel quite sure that he will be recognized his heaven for all the souls his lyrics have touched.

I saw from Google that Robbie Spencer passed away earlier this year; it was much too soon, and my condolences to the family. But if there are others in Ben Spencer's family, I know I speak for all the members of this board when I say we would love to hear more about the songs and legacy that both Ben and Robbie Spencer left and continue to leave.

God bless
Steve
Liz Chauluka

Post by Liz Chauluka » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:54 pm

I need the full lyrics of Brocken pieces