What a Wondrous Thing

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

What a Wondrous Thing

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Does anyone have the words to this song? I can't find them ANYWHERE!!

All I can remember is...

"I have heard the gospel story
How Jesus came from glory
Salvation for my soul to bring!

How he suffered in the garden
And died to bring me pardon
Redeeming me from all my sin

Oh, what a wondrous thing!
Oh what a wondrous thing!
(three more lines)

Go, tell the the world to sing!
Go, tell the world to sing!
(something) Emmanuel
He lives and all is well!
(one more line)"

Anyone got the correct lyrics to this hymn?
kimhill13

Re: What a Wondrous Thing

Post by kimhill13 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 am

I have heard the gospel story how Jesus came from glory salvation for my soul to win how He suffered in the garden and died to bring me pardon redeeming me from all my sin

Chorus:
Oh what a wondrous thing (for me the blessed savior died) oh what a wondrous thing (for me the Lord was crucified) wondrous archangels cry wondrous our souls reply worthy the Father’s Son Go tell the world to sing (He has redeemed us from the fall) go tell the world to sing (He offers life to one and all) praising Immanuel He lives and all is well victorious life is won

Love like His my soul was needing I heard the Spirit’s pleading beseeching me to turn from wrong blessed hope began to fill me a holy peace to thrill me and now with joy I sing love’s song

In His love I’m safely hiding my needs to Him confiding to Him in simple faith I cling every hour the way grows brighter my heavy burden’s lighter all praise to Him my Lord and King
AllSpeakTheSameThing

Post by AllSpeakTheSameThing » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:13 am

Praise the Lord! Just wondering where you two heard this song? Was it by way of The Church Of The Lord Jesus Christ of apostolic faith, led by the late Apostle Bishop SC Johnson?

Note: Young, middle-age and old saints still here, souls baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ and being filled with the Holy Ghost. Thank God, we are still listening to the gospel preached in its fulness recorded by the late Apostle Bishop SC Johnson, with God opening our understanding as we go along. Surely, we have a hope beyond the grave.

But yes, I just heard the song a moment ago; a snippet from the one of recordings aforementioned.

Lord willing hear back from either or both of you.
kimhill13

Post by kimhill13 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:17 pm

I attend church at The Church of God in Ohio- not affiliated with The Church of God based out of Anderson, Indiana. We sing this wonderful hymn. I actually had forgotten that I posted on this forum lol but it made my day to be reminded of this song!
22ndandMontgomeryAve

Post by 22ndandMontgomeryAve » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Praise the Lord, I haven't heard this piece in years. Bishop S.C Johnson's choir could really sing this piece!!!