Finding it home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
alfiedler

Finding it home

Post by alfiedler » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 am

I heard a song on Christian radio while I was driving over the Cascades, but can only remember partial phrases. "Just think ... finding it heaven ... hand... finding it God's ... air ... finding it celestial ... glory ... finding it home." I tried searching on Google but came up dry.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Perhaps this is it:

Finally Home

When engulfed by the terror of the tempestuous sea,
Unknown waves before you roll;
At the end of doubt and peril is eternity,
Though fear and conflict seize your soul.

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

When surrounded by the blackness of the darkest night,
O how lonely death can be;
At the end of this long tunnel is a shining light,
For death is swallowed up in victory!

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 pm

Who sings this??

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Don't know who's actually recorded it but Don Wyrtzen wrote it. I, too, heard it many years ago on the radio and have heard it at various times since then. It's a very powerful song and I had been thinking about it lately but didn't know the name of it so I could see if it's in our church's hymnal.

I was thinking about it today because my pastor's mother passed away early this morning and that made me think of that moment when we enter into our inheritance when we die.

I did learn that it apparently is based on a poem named 'Just Think' by an unknown author.

Very powerful song that evokes a very real picture of when we touch a hand on the other side and find it God's and enter into our eternal home, the land of righteousness.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:44 am

Christine Wyrtzen is the only person I know who ever recorded it...beautiful song!!!

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Robbie Hiner recorded the song as well. However, other than the LP I have, I have not been able to find the song on the web.

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Mina Oglesby has this song and other songs about heaven on an album, A Glimpse of Heaven. You can find it at the following link.

http://www.minao.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=53

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Just heard this song in church yesterday! I had been thinking about it all week and was going to look for the lyrics and then it was sung as a special. It so blessed my heart. It's a great song!

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:36 am

Does anybody know where I can get the music?

Finding it home

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm

I hum this song frequently, and especially now that my mother is in the processess of "stepping on shore and finding it home." Today I dug the cassette out after finding no lyrics from online searching. "Finally Home" is from Sharon & Robin's "Breathe on Me, Rain on Me" from the 80's where this song, among others, is wonderfully performed. S&R toured churches in the 80's. Music is produced by Two Sisters Productions, 1830 Air Lane Drive, Nashville, TN 37210.