Thank you Lord - Dan Burgess

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi, I am trying to find the lyrics to the hymn, Thank You, Lord and it begins like this :-

I thank you Lord, for the trials that come my way, in the way I can grow each day, as I let you lead. Yes, I thank you Lord .....

If anyone can help me with the lyrics, that would be great, as I would like to forward it to a friend who's never heard this hymn before.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Here you go... Thank you Lord -Dan Burgess As I thank You Lord for the trials that come my way in that way I can grow each day as I let You lead and I thank you Lord for the patience those trials bring in the process of growing I can learn to care But it goes against the way I am to put my human nature down and let the spirit take control of all I do cause when those trials come my human nature shouts the things to do and God's soft prompting can be easily ignored I thank you lord with each trial I feel inside that your're there to help lead and guide me away from wrong Cause you promised Lord that with ev'ry testing that your way of escaping is easier to bear I thank you Lord for the vict'ry that growing brings in surrender of ev'rything life is so worthwhile and I thank you Lord that when ev'rthing's put in place out in front I can see your face and it's there you belong It was such a beautiful hymn at Mass earlier. I felt very comforted that God was speaking to me at that very moment. I used to sing this hymn back in SN but somehow, I never really took note of how beautiful the lyrics were. How poignant and piercing. It speaks about how I should really trust Lord with all my heart and not let my human nature take over it. Everything will be in its time. Thank you Lord Utube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGewnbWryFo Mp3 download h t t p : / / r a p i d s h a r e . c o m / f i l e s / 2 1 5 4 1 1 6 2 0 / T h a n k _ Y o u _ _ L o r d . m p 3 Take all the spaces out.... [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2010 12:24 am

This is wonderful to see again! I first heard it in college (circa mid- 1970's) when a friend wrote a musical play about Paul -- she had been in the Continental Singers and used the music written from "The Apostle," including this piece. It's about Paul at the end of his life, looking back on how faithful God had been to let "everything work together for good" in his life.

Post by Guest » Sat May 11, 2013 11:46 pm

I have been longing for this song the lastcoleof weeks! I can only remember the tune but not the lyrics. I am so glad I finally found it by random searches of old Christian songs. I am so excited!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 am

What a wonderful song! I heard this at yesterday's mass, and all of a sudden I felt peace... Thank You Lord!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:11 am

Hi, I am looking for the Piano Sheet of "Thank You Lord for the trials that come my way" by Dan Burgess. if you can send it to me, it will help my daughter to sing it in christian convention school.

Would you please send the piano sheet to my e-mail [email protected]

Txs

Alan

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:55 pm

THANK YOU FOR THE WORDS TO THIS SONG!!!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:44 pm

I would also like the sheet music for "Thank You Lord (For the trials)...Thank you!

Beth S.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:00 pm

I have lost my copy of the sheet music - can you please send me a copy to [email protected]

Thank you in advance

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:49 am

I also would greatly appreciate the piano sheet music for "Thank You Lord (For the Trials." We'd like to sing a solo in church, but cannot find this anywhere. [email protected]

Mark J.