Please help me find music to Fly Like A Butterfly

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
MotherTeresa

Post by MotherTeresa » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:37 am

I have the lyrics to "Fly Like A Butterfly" but cannot find the name of the artist that wrote the lyrics or the music. The lyrics are:

1. Come to the mountaintop, leave all your cares behind, He spoke so gently to me.

Lay all your burdens down, such peace and joy you'll find; Come take my hand and you'll see.

You will fly, fly, fly like a butterfly gliding on wings of the wind, never having to hide deep inside your cocoon once again.

Look, world, look all around me, my chains are gone, I know I've been set free; I'm safely resting in Jesus again.

2. I listened quietly, He waited patiently; He didn't push, didn't shove.

I gave Him my sorros, today's cares, tomorrow's, and He wrapped them up in His love.

He said fly, fly, fly like a butterfly gliding on wings of the wind, never having to hide deep inside your cocoon once again.

Look world, look all around me, my chains are gone; I know I've been set free, I'm safely resting in Jesus again.

I can fly, fly, fly like a butterfly gliding on wings of the wind, never having to hid deep in side my cocoon.

Look, world, look all around me, my chains are gone; I know I've been set free, I'm safely resting in Jesus again.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS MUSIC!!

THANKS!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:19 am

Thank you for the lyrics, I am also looking for the music. It can be found< i know< at St. Paul's-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church in Jacksonville Beach, FL. If you cannot get them to send it to you, I can now write the music with a little help from the piano and my memory. This is my favorite song in the world!!! It play both to the children and the adults.

Carol Leonard

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:26 am

Here is info I have- plan to verify tomorrow-
By Sue Carmichael ©Carmichael Music P.O. Box 3243, Jacksonville FL 32206
All rights reserved; Use by permission only

Thanks, Carol Wallis

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:39 am

Yes, it is verified, and Sue is quick to respond if you contact her!

Carol Wallis

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Does anyone know if Sue has email?
bcarlson65

Post by bcarlson65 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:55 am

Whomever provided the initial detail 8 years ago , can you please provide me the source for this sheet music? I am performing a memorial service for a parishoner (from Jacksonville) and I need to find this music quickly if possible, god's peace everyone.
Pat Hawkins

Re: Please help me find music to Fly Like A Butterfly

Post by Pat Hawkins » Thu May 07, 2020 6:13 pm

The song was written by Sue Carmichael who lives in Jacksonville. I have played with Sue and possibly have the music. Pat Hawkins
TimmyK64

Re: Please help me find music to Fly Like A Butterfly

Post by TimmyK64 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 pm

Pat Hawkins wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:13 pm The song was written by Sue Carmichael who lives in Jacksonville. I have played with Sue and possibly have the music. Pat Hawkins
I would pay for a recording of this song or even just a recording of the arrangement played on guitar or piano. The song changed my life but the apparently are no recordings of it to be had anywhere. Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help.