Keep Me Safe, Until the Storm Passes By

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Pastor Gary

Post by Pastor Gary » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:49 pm

I am looking for a hymn with those lyrics, and I'd like to know its title, so that I can get a copy of the lyrics. The song is really blessing my soul right now through a difficult time (divorce that I am trying to stop) and the song keeps me focused on the Lord, and gives me strength. Thank you for whatever help anyone, anywhere can give.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:32 pm

"'TILL THE STORM PASSES BY"
By: Mosie Lister

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face,
While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place.
'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Chorus
Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more,
Till the clouds roll forever from the sky;
Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand,
Keep me safe till the storm passes by.

Many times Satan whispered, "There is no need to try,
For there's no end of sorrow, there's no hope by and by"
But I know Thou art with me, and tomorrow I'll rise
Where the storms never darken the skies.

When the long night has ended and the storms come no more,
Let me stand in Thy presence on the bright peaceful shore;
In that land where the tempest, never comes, Lord, may I
Dwell with Thee when the storm passes by.

I hope this is what you're looking for. May God help you through this "storm" in your life.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:45 pm

I love this song. It has blessed me and helped me many times. When I am going through an unusually difficult time and we sing this at church, it brings tears to my eyes. The realization that Jesus knows my every heartache and has His loving, everlasting arms around me comforts me. I can almost hear Him whisper, "The storm will soon be over, I am with you always." I'll be praying for you Bro. Gary. God Bless You!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Dear Bro. Gary,
U said it. When we sing the following words especially;
Many times Satan whispered "There is no need to try,
For there's no end of sorrow, there's no hope by and by" BUT I know Thou art with me, and tomorrow I'll rise, Where the storms never darken the skies.
May God bless u.
Abraham Mathew
[email protected]
Pastor Gary

Post by Pastor Gary » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 am

Dear Friends: Thank you so very much for your postings regarding TILL THE STORM PASSES BY. I was truly blessed to see the responses, and REJOICED IN THE LORD! Even though this is a terrible time for me right now, the Lord has it that my tears have not been because of the situation, but because of the BLESSINGS HE HAS GIVEN ME. On the day I received the divorce papers I prayed, "Lord, how will I pay for this?" That night, that very night I received a phone call from a brother in the Lord I had not heard from in well over 10 years. In 1985 I loaned him $500, and never asked for repayment. He called me the night I was served with divorce papers, the night I called out to God, and he wanted my address. 6 days later I received a card from him, saying he had never forgotten my kindness, and the card included a check not for $500, but for $600! How could he have known except for the Lord's timing? I know God will "...keep me safe, till the storm passes by."

Regards in Christ, Gary Ciesla

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:41 pm

THANK YOU FOR THIS WE ARE HAVING S STORM HERE IN IOWA I WRITE A SMALL COLUMN FOR OUR LITTLE PAPER HERE MY MOTHER REMEMBNERED TH IS HYMN AND I COULD NOT FIND IT