Need help -- All I have is this "Far away in a land where there'll be no more sorrow --

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Need help -- All I have is this "Far away in a land where there'll be no more sorrow --

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Don't know if this is the verse or the chorus--"Far away in a land where there'll be no more sorrow -- all the ? will be gone over there. And with the Lord I'll be living upon streets of glory. Far away from this ole troublesome world." Not even sure if this is completely correct. If someone could help I sure would appreciate it. THANK YOU!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:01 am

I think its called "Far Away'...i believe its by the Mc Kameys

All of what you have seems correct for what little i can remember..the missing word, i believe is 'pain''...

I can only recall parts of the second verse, but maybe someone else can help fill in the missing parts...i'll keep checking....debbie

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:03 am

i think its 'far away "is" a land, too,not 'in'...not completely sure, though..hope u find the rest.....debbie
sthrnldy1969

Post by sthrnldy1969 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:14 am

ok, sorry about all the other posts...i think i've found it on a website. its called,
Far Away is a Land, and the McKameys do sing it...here's how it is written on calvinclark.com (lots of great old gospel lyrics on there)

MAN IS BORN OF A WOMAN A FEW DAYS IN FULL OF TROUBLE
AND LIKE FLOWER HE WITHERS AND FADES AWAY.
WELL I HAVE KNOWN SO MANY HEARTACHES WHILE HERE I'VE BEEN LIVING
BUT GOD HAS MADE A PERFECT LAND FAR AWAY.

II

WELL I HAVE TASTED THE TEAR DROPS THAT FELL ON MY PILLOW
AND I HAVE TASTED THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD.
AND HOW I LONG FOR THE DAY WHEN HE CALLS ME TO MEET HIM
FAR AWAY FORM THIS OLD TROUBLESOME WORLD.

CHORUS

FAR AWAY IS A LAND WHERE THERE'LL BE NO MORE HEARTACHES
ALL THE PAIN WILL BE GONE OVER THERE.
AND WITH THE LORD I'LL BE LIVING UPON STREETS OF GLORY
FAR AWAY FROM THIS OLD TROUBLESOME WORLD.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH. YES, THIS IS THE SONG I WAS LOOKING FOR. DO YOU BY ANY CHANCE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MUSIC FOR IT? OUR CHOIR WANTS TO LEARN IT BUT WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE MUSIC IF ANYONE COULD HELP, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Looking for lyrics to "I prayed for you" Thanks Its by the Mckameys

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Would anyone have the lyrics to this From the top of the mountain He could see a long long way? not sure if this is the chorus or not. Thanks All